New Use for Pledge

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by trickydoc, Aug 6, 2011.

1. trickydoc

trickydoc Active Member

Havn't seen anyone post this use yet, so here goes. we keep hummingbird feeders out as a lot of us do. ants always climb up into my feeders. well Pledge to the rescue. sprayed the crook with it and no ants. kept them off about a week. seems to work pretty good. now for those little flying bugs.

2. FLST

FLST Active Member

Good tip. I hang mine with high test fishing line and coat it with a bit of grease. Works good too.

3. bcortani

bcortani Active Member

I found that Pledge also works to dust off my wood furniture. Who'd a guessed that a motorcycle polish could be used for furniture applications...made the room smell nice too. :newsmile01::newsmile01:

4. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member

I wonder if anyone actually uses Pledge for furniture? I hide mine from my wife, or it will disappear!

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

It works on furniture too? :D

6. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

I can tell you that it does wonders on furniture, but I now have to go to the garage to get it. :D

7. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Well now that we know it will repel ants the question is will it repel cows too?:p

8. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

Oh man! Your wife let you try it out on the furniture untested? You're a brave man going into uncharted waters like that! :p

9. dlao

dlao Member

is it just pledge or will any furniture polish do the same? if it is just pledge what does it contain or not contain that it works and other polishes do not?

10. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

I have heard others say they have luck with the Dollar Store version but then glider would not get his stock profits :p