free website stats program New Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ultra

Congratulations from another new UC owner! Picked mine up 2 weeks ago and loving every minute of it. Still working on figuring out all the gadgets and getting used to the weight but she is much more comfortable than any ride I have ever had.

Congrats on the new ride. I am also new to the 'Glide family having bought a gently used 09 this year. Its a gas....like taking a ride in a 60's Buick. I am still playing with the air pressure myself, currently running about 35 solo....finding the ride good most times other than sharp bumps (man the winter was hard on some roads!). Enjoy and post up some pics!

Phil

I'll add my congratulations and also a hearty commendation for taking the time to read the owner's manual front to back before spending too much time in the saddle. It's amazing how many answers to all our questions HD actually buries in the owner's manual. Now add a service manual to your library and you'll be all set!

Thanks guys ...and yes she did say she could sleep back there. That was about 3 minutes up the road.

Surprise, passenger falling asleep is a common occurance...a testament to their confidence in you and comfort of the ride for them...you did good.

But now you have to remember if you feel that helmet bobbing a bit to the right or left to give your pillion partner a nudge...:newsmile100: falling asleep really is not good, and we do not want legislation to add seat belts. :newsmile040:

Thanks guys for all the support. At this point it doesn't make any difference how much air I put in it,it all leaks out.Put air in it last night,made a 300 mile run today.The last leg was on a rough road and it bottomed several times.Stopped to eat at Hooters and checked the air.....back to zero. CAN YOU SAY BUMMER!

Hope this works, got to be a better way LOL Here is the air leaker

ultra classic :: 015.jpg picture by pb4wego - Photobucket
ultra classic :: 014.jpg picture by pb4wego - Photobucket
ultra classic :: 013.jpg picture by pb4wego - Photobucket
ultra classic :: 012.jpg picture by pb4wego - Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
the air chamber in the shocks is very small. How are you filling them without the pump? if you use an air chuck with a compressor or anything other than a small hand pump you could over do it and perhaps blow a line or something....on the hand pump just a couple strokes takes it up quite few pounds!. Also just about any air loss when you disconnect your pump could put it back to zero. The hand pump is a zero loss style valve type. I hope you get it figured out...

Phil

the air chamber in the shocks is very small. How are you filling them without the pump? if you use an air chuck with a compressor or anything other than a small hand pump you could over do it and perhaps blow a line or something....on the hand pump just a couple strokes takes it up quite few pounds!. Also just about any air loss when you disconnect your pump could put it back to zero. The hand pump is a zero loss style valve type. I hope you get it figured out...

Phil

I used a buddies pump the first time, but the dealer got some in the next day.So I now own one.Its losing air slowly,I'm sure its just a loose fitting or something simple.But with the money I paid my stealer ...I mean dealer, they can fix it.

Ahhh Yes I remember that day,,,,,,,,,, :D very cool indeed,,,,,,,,,,, Enjoy the new bike, "no doubt you will" Ride Safe,,Tim

Back