free website stats program New ultra New Reinharts Now what | Harley Davidson Forums

New ultra New Reinharts Now what

2hogs

I have been out of bikes for many years but the ultras I saw every day were just too nice. Now that I retired my wife bought me a 2010 for retirement.
I rapidly changed exhaust but there is soooo much out there on fuel management systems that I still don't know which is the best fit. ALSO, can I set these up myself or am I obligated to the shop to set up the fuel and dyno tune?
My reading indicates I could install myself and dyno is not needed. Anyone with experience with this?? Glad to be back on two wheels.:bigsmiley30::bigsmiley30:

Glad you’re back in the saddle again. I wanted a fuel management system that was easy to install myself and also able to adapt with any modifications that I would make in the future, so I chose to go with the Thundermax with the auto tune. Set it up with the correct base map and the auto tune future goes to work for you. No real need to dyno bike unless you want to see output. Also it will adjust to different altitudes by itself via the wide band o2 sensors. It's not cheap but once its installed that's one thing you don't have to worry about. Good luck in your retirement. My wife also gave me the nod on a RKSE when I retired 2 years ago.:D

I have been out of bikes for many years but the ultras I saw every day were just too nice. Now that I retired my wife bought me a 2010 for retirement.
I rapidly changed exhaust but there is soooo much out there on fuel management systems that I still don't know which is the best fit. ALSO, can I set these up myself or am I obligated to the shop to set up the fuel and dyno tune?
My reading indicates I could install myself and dyno is not needed. Anyone with experience with this?? Glad to be back on two wheels.:bigsmiley30::bigsmiley30:
You can buy it in a "box" or do it yourself via the following Harley items:
32109-08A SE Pro Super Tuner
32111-10 SE Pro Super Tuner Software CD
32184-08A Cable Kit SE Pro Super Tuner
32101-10 Super Tuner DVD Training Disc

This setup allows complete management of all variables.

Hard to go worng with the items mentioned above. They range in price from $200 for the TFI up to $900 for Thundermax. All depends on your wallet and what your willing to change on your new bike.

I had the TFI and loved it. I had multiple DTCs thrown for twist grip sensor issue and the dealer had no problems going through the warranty and fix my issues with the TFI installed on it. I now switched to the SE Pro Super Tuner w/ Smart Tune and like it and have learned alot. TTS w/ V-Tune is another nice one, V&H Fuel Pak, PCV from Fuel Moto is good as well.

So as you can see, alot to choose from.

Good luck!

Back