free website stats program New Ultra limited Extended Warranty? | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ultra limited Extended Warranty?

I am picking up my brand new Ultra Limited today, first brand new bike I have ever bought. The dealership offered me to purchase two different packages and I am wondering if I should go ahead and buy them. One is a discount on my first 4 or 5 scheduled maintenances. This I am leaning toward buying. The other is a warranty up and above the two year one that comes with the bike. They try and scare you telling you that electronics on the new bikes with touch control GPS and Radio and everything you should buy it. Any opinions on this?

ESP is worth considering on a new bike IMO. I would do the maint. myself but thats just me...Your ride you decide..

On my last new cycle, the extended warranty covered a replacement tranny, engine, 4 HK radios and numerous other parts. I would never own a Harley without an ESP, especially as the electronics have become so sophisticated.

Your ride you decide, My last bike blew up with out ESP i would have paid 6K for a new motor Don't leave home with out it:D

I am picking up my brand new Ultra Limited today, first brand new bike I have ever bought. The dealership offered me to purchase two different packages and I am wondering if I should go ahead and buy them. One is a discount on my first 4 or 5 scheduled maintenances. This I am leaning toward buying. The other is a warranty up and above the two year one that comes with the bike. They try and scare you telling you that electronics on the new bikes with touch control GPS and Radio and everything you should buy it. Any opinions on this?
Mine has paid for itself on my last two bikes. Get the five year and have no worries while you pay it off.

IMO it is cheaper to get the ESP built in to your original purchase price, however you can still get it up til the last day of your factory warranty with out paying a 50.00 inspection fee

I opt'd to wait when I got my 14 RK. Will see how things are going and purchase later if I feel the need. I am not a fan of warranties generally speaking but to be fair a warranty covered my behind on a previously owned vehicle. As said your ride you decide.
WAP.gif

Agree with Bodeen. DIY the maintenance; I know too many that have dealer performed maintenance that resulted in problems; like an oil/filter change with new filter but no oil.:bigsmiley21:

Get the ESP; it is transferrable and you can be reimbursed for the years you don't use it if you decide to sell it back.:coffee

I bought a 3 year old 03 ultra with ESP and it paid for 2 rear tires, a gas tank sending unit, replaced everything between the crankshaft and the push rods, and peace of mind. I did learn to ask for the work be done by a mechanic that doesn't have work come back.

Back