free website stats program New type windshields for baggers | Harley Davidson Forums

New type windshields for baggers

I tried the Klock Werks shield. I did not like it as it gave me what I felt alot of buffetting. I installed a Windvest 8" tinted and I really like it. I do not have any buffetting at all, and I can see over the top edge as the flare acts as it is actually 2" taller than it is.

I've two friends take off their Klock Werks for the same reason....That's just me. I've seen other posts on this forum from guys who like their Klock Werks. I've had a neck fusion so any buffetting gets to my neck so I had to be real careful with what I put on. I took off the stock shield as it hit me right at eye level and I did not like it. I could have had it trimmed, but I like the look of the tinted WindVest.

I put the Klockwerks shield on my Streetglide and like it alot. better than the stock shield. No wind in my face, I am only 5'10" so I don't sit too high above windshield.

put one on mine love it . you get a little distortion if you have to look through it but only in certain spots. would definintly buy another one .im 5.9 think i got the 8 in i look over it bout an inch no head shake from wind i like mine.

had the 8.5" klock werks on and didnt like it because of the distortion.i just put the 7" HD wind splitter on saturday and luv it.

had a sales guy tell me the 6 1/2 klockworks was for me. Im 5'7'' and took a ride to work with a helmet. Got alot og wind right under the lid. Drove home with out helmet and almost lost my glasses. Took it off when I got home.
So looking for the 8 1/2 to try next. really liked the looks of it.

I put on a Cee Baileys shield on my '09 Ultra Classic and just love it. I can look over the shield and I have zero buffetting. For size fitment, I just followed the instructions on their website.

I have a FLHX and got about 350 miles on the 8.5 Klock Werks. I'm 6'4 and LOVE this wind shield. No buffering,got to keep my wind shield bag and the stereo sounds SO much better. I was very reluctant about the shield but I was tired of all the buffering. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Back