New Tri Glide delivered

Discussion in 'Trikes' started by sgt_1230, Feb 14, 2012.

1. sgt_1230

sgt_1230 Active Member

Last fall my wife got a 2012 black Tri-Glide and loves it. I put several hundred miles on it and decided I would like one too, so I ordered the blue/black combo for January delivery. I :Dwas in a car accident about 10 years ago and got 2 broken legs, 3 crushed vertebrae in back and lots of other bumps/bruises. I healed up pretty well, but still have problems with my right ankle. The Tri-Glide is so much easier to manuever around at slows speeds and park and it is really FUN to ride. After having had over 35 bikes over the years I decided 3 wheels was the way to go. The dealer where I bought my last 3 new HD's is outstanding! Anything you order with the bike is installed FREE, plus he knocks 10% off the parts and 20% off anything you buy (clothes etc...) that they don't install. I went with Andrews 48 cams, I was able to use my PC V from my 2010 UC Limited, Ness super sucker air cleaner, HD stereo up grade (160 watt amp & 4 good speakers), heated grips, accessory 12V in tour pack, trunk light, air wing w/led lights on travel pack, rear fender bras, locking compartments on fairing lowers which includes a cup holder kit, adjustable rider backrest, progressive monotube cartridge fork kit and HD windsplitter windshield. It cost a bunch, but I believe this is the last bike I will ever buy. It was 28 degrees last Tuesday when it was delivered, so I dressed very warmly and rode it up/down the country road I live on and put 1 mile on it(it now has 2 miles). I can't wait for some nice warm weather and a good rain to clean up the roads so I can really try it out. I gutted the catalytic converter and went with the stock HD mufflers and I think it sounds really nice. Come on nice weather!!!
  2. lakeforktx

lakeforktx Active Member

Congrats on the new trike.....sounds nice...
  3. Harley38

Harley38 Active Member

Congrats! The new Tri sounds great, hope to see a picture of the pair sometime.

I agree, come on better weather!
  4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Congratulations on the new ride. Be safe.
  5. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

I said that 4 bikes ago:small3d023:
    BTW congrats!!
  6. rhino 2

rhino 2 Active Member

Same here, The last bike i buy will probably be , If i run out of money or be put in the box, Which ever comes first. :D
  7. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Congrats on the new steed. May you make many miles of smiles upon it....:s
  8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Congrats - sounds like you are one happy trike owner!
  9. behavin

behavin Member

Congrats on your new Tri Glide. I wish I had your dealer in my area. I had them put on Vance and Hines header pipes, with a Dyno Jet tune kit and Reinhart mufflers and they charged me $200 over the quoted ballpark. Then when I questioned it, He gave me a deer in the headlight stare and said "it was in the ball park".
  10. trike lady

trike lady Junior Member

Congrats on the new trike, awesome.
    Ride safe and enjoy.
    Once you have a trike you never want to go back to two wheels.
    Post some photos when you can.