free website stats program new trans? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new trans?

This really put me over the edge when they treat you like this, Who do they think they are and that you would let this slide, get them brother

The sad part is, that the dealer in all likleyhood could fix this under warranty and get reimbursed by H.D. I don't understand why they are acting that way.

they are acting like this because the moco DOES NOT warranty poor workmanship on the part of independent agents. friend's wife works in law office and she is getting me a name for litigation. parts on order from indy shop. 2-3 weeks for parts. will keep you posted.

Your choise of oils is a very good one. I run the same in my 08 streetglide. Iv been selling lubricants & additives as a second business since 1991, and i can tell u for certain that Mobil 1 (v-twin 20-50) & Redline (heavy proof) are two of the best in the business. No way your bike broke due to infirior or unapproved lubricants. I deal with this warranty issue all the time. Private message me and I can send you some info on the subject.

i'm golden on this one for sure. if the products used are not equal or superior than what is required to maintain a product, then then oem must supply all necessary products to keep said equipment in proper order for free. magnuson-moss act. if harley says only their products then get in line w/ your hands out. will be going to owner's home stealership tomorrow for poker run. hope to speak to him or his g.m. there. i am hoping to avoid a legal conflict. however, i will contact the ntsb as to erroneous and misleading wording in the owner's and shop manual which could lead to early premature wear and possibly a dangerous condition where the rear tire could lock from transmission damage. the nebulous wording in the manual gives the impression that an amount (approximate) is sufficent to ensure proper lubrication when it is clearly far below the safety level. jmo. hopefully, this will rattle a few cage upstairs while consumer affairs here shakes up the stealership.

Back