free website stats program New Tourpack Hinges | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tourpack Hinges

Everything lines up perfectly with the old hinge holes, but the holes do have to be enlarged slightly with a drill. This can be a bit tricky because you can catch the rubber seal around the lid an tear it. Just be careful and use a small flat bladed screwdriver to compress the seal out of your way whilst drilling the holes. And I looked at a police bike's saddlebag hinges and I would say that they are the same oem hinges as the tour pack has, so you should be able to switch 'em out and make your bags look sweeeet! You may however, have a hard time finding the new hinges as they are listed as obsolete in the parts computer. Some dealers will let you order them anyways, some won't.

Last edited:
They look like the hinge pivot is lower than the stock hinges? Do they change the way the lid opens?

Nope. Doesn't seem to. it might hinge out away from the left side a little bit but it's not noticable. The top seems a lot more "solid" when opening but that just may be a figment of my imagination. I like them.

Anyone need a set of stock tourpak hinges or for you Police Bike riders a pair of saddlebag top hinges (they're apparently the same hinge)? Can't beat the price...FREE! Just pick up the cost of shipping and they're yours.

I was a machinist for 10 yrs and here's a tip on drill bits so they don't bite so hard.

What you do is take your sharp bit and hold it perpendicular on the side of the wheel and grind about 1/32 off the sharp edge of the bit so its straight up and down, not angled. It will still drill but not bite and grap.

That is what you have to do when drilling soft material like brass etc, otherwise it would pull the drill bit down ripping though the brass and ruining everything bit and all

Back