free website stats program New Tourpack Hinges | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tourpack Hinges

J

jimharvey1

Just purchased a pair of the new hinges for the tourpack. They are NICE! Really heavy weight and solid and look SOOOOO much better than the OEM hinges. See for yourself.

Tourpack Hinges 002.jpg

Tourpack Hinges 003.jpg

They are a piece of cake to install and come with all the screws and backing plates. The hardest part is drilling out the OEM rivets. Make sure you get some red locktite before you start the install to prevent a bonzai run to Home Depot or the auto parts store mid-job.

I agree Jim they look great. I did mine a few weeks ago. The lid feels more secure when opening and closing, less wobble. I was so nervous when drilling out the rivets. twice the drill grabbed the metal and almost pulled the lid around on the upper top hindges.

How much were they? Are they factory HD or aftermarket?

It looks like I have tourpack hinges on my Police RK saddlebags so would be a neat addition.

This is what the Police hinges look like.

hinge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Tourpack hinges look great, compared with the standard ones which look a bit like an afterthought or something made in a backyard garage...but the old is how we say "old school" basic functional as it gets!

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like the hinge pivot is lower than the stock hinges? Do they change the way the lid opens? They do look great.
Bob

Back