New Tourpack Hinges

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jimharvey1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

Just purchased a pair of the new hinges for the tourpack. They are NICE! Really heavy weight and solid and look SOOOOO much better than the OEM hinges. See for yourself.

Tourpack Hinges 002.jpg

Tourpack Hinges 003.jpg

They are a piece of cake to install and come with all the screws and backing plates. The hardest part is drilling out the OEM rivets. Make sure you get some red locktite before you start the install to prevent a bonzai run to Home Depot or the auto parts store mid-job.

2. toolmanpm

toolmanpm Member

I agree Jim they look great. I did mine a few weeks ago. The lid feels more secure when opening and closing, less wobble. I was so nervous when drilling out the rivets. twice the drill grabbed the metal and almost pulled the lid around on the upper top hindges.

3. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

Gonna have to get me some of those!

4. Delmar

Delmar Active Member

How much were they? Are they factory HD or aftermarket?

It looks like I have tourpack hinges on my Police RK saddlebags so would be a neat addition.

This is what the Police hinges look like.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

The new Tourpack hinges look great, compared with the standard ones which look a bit like an afterthought or something made in a backyard garage...but the old is how we say "old school" basic functional as it gets!

6. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  7. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

Thanks for the pics, I'll be upgrading mine soon. The stock hinges are very lame.

8. Stoney61

Stoney61 Member

Do they fit the existing rivet holes that are left when you remove the old hinges?

9. Bryanna

Bryanna Member

Those look nice have been thinking about upgrading the stock ones could look better.

10. rebel1

rebel1 Member

They look like the hinge pivot is lower than the stock hinges? Do they change the way the lid opens? They do look great.
    Bob