free website stats program New to this site but not to bikes... | Harley Davidson Forums

New to this site but not to bikes...

RotaryWingUH1H

Hi,

Nomad here in Montana for now.

Have my bike up on the lift while working on it and getting myself ready to get back on the road.

I finally broke down and bought myself a bike lift and I love it. Should have gotten one years ago.

Like it so much I'm wanting to start helping other bikers work on their bikes too.

It's nice to have my own shop and tools to work on my own equipment.

I came here looking for a place to be able to pick some brains and find some help and answers to questions.

Hope we can help each other from time to time.

JusMe

Nomad

I'm pulling my primary to get at a damaged shift lever on the transmission.

Having some issues with removing the wires for the stator through the primary casing.

Removed wire plug from voltage regulator and need to remove the plug casing to be able to slide it through the primary casing.

Has anyone else toyed with the idea of converting their Harley to a shaft drive??? Pros and Cons, if you don't mind.

Personally, I think Harley should have been leading the industry in shaft drive.

Harley did make one bike with shaft drive back in WWII.

:good
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa.
Leave the shaft drive bikes to the Metrics. The expense of conversion on the Harley would far out weigh any practical benefit if it could even be done......:bigsmiley6:

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Welcome from So. Texas. You don't have to pull the stator & rotor to remove the inner primary. The stator wires come out of the motor case. If it is the shift lever coming out of the tranny housing then you will need to pull the tranny cassette out of the housing. Good luck with it.
tourbox

Back