free website stats program New to the Touring Group | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New to the Touring Group

My previous bike, 98 Honda ACE Tourer, is still in my driveway sitting next to an 04 EGC I bought last Saturday. My first Harley, but my forth bike since I started riding 7 years ago. The past week has been amazing! This Glide is one of the best balanced best riding bikes I have ever ridden. Everything comes in it's own time and my time to own a EG has finally come.

Doc, I guess if I was into tunes, I'd had a fairing. Good friend of mine died at a railroad crossing several years ago listening to music, she never heard the train.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

My speakers aren't stock but I know they'd never drown out the sound of a train.

I came from an 83 Roadster...to my 01 Ultra. The bike is perfect. Me? not so much. The 'extras' I'd want are not doable. They are:1. to be taller.2. to be stronger. and 3, to be younger. At 60, none of those things are going to happen.

The touring models really shine when you take a passenger along too. My Road King is equally at home in town or doin' 75mph on the interstate on a windy day. There's several ways to add tunes to the equation just figure out what works for you!:Banane08:

Congrats on your new RK - nice choice in bike UG and you'll really appreciate the creature comforts w/the touring class. Went from XL1200C Sportster to FLHX Street Glide last fall and I smile every time I walk in the garage, or hit the highway. Welcome to HDTimeline & enjoy the new king!

for me i liked the look of my 75 flh w/o shield. i had not rode for a long time w/o shield not since my 69 triumph so i took it off, the air sounded like a train in my ears. i did leave it off over summer months. but come Oct. no it went..

Hello to ALL !! Love my Detachable Windshield.... I get the best of both worlds...just a little thought before hand as to whether I'm riding round town or hitting the slab. Too bad it don't fit in the saddlebag. As for music...well I had it yrs ago on a 1100 honda, verry compact sounded nice but for the Road King...new slip-ons is the only music I wanna hear.

I welcome you to the touring world. There is nothing like it. I went from riding 5k a year to 12k a year, once I got my RK.

Back