free website stats program new to the HD scene | Harley Davidson Forums

new to the HD scene

hey everyone im picking up my bike next week i just got a 883 iron and im looking to put pipes on it asap. the dealer i bought it from was doing this promo where u spin a wheel and can win stuff. lucky me i won a $1250 shopping spee :D so this is my first street bike so im getting a helmet and some leather but the rest of the money is going towards my pipes. i was just wondering if anyone knows what it would cost me about if i wanted to get the black V&H straight shots put on. i know ppl where saying u need a new intake and get the computer flashed but never really knew how much it cost to get the flash and all done. thanks for your help :)

If your wanting the black ones, you should go with the V&H Short Shots. They would cost a bit more (in the $495 range I think), but they look bad (EDIT), and sound amazing. But its all about preference too, good luck and have fun on the new scoot! And most of all, be safe.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the V&H ShortShots Black, when I got the bike they put on SE Slip On's, I did not like the sound, so off they go, also have Stage 1 filter, I had my bike remapped at dealer with the stage 1 and the slip on's ...you think I need a tuner cuz of the V&H Short shots ?? different dealers are saying yes and no ??

But keep those takeoffs, in case EPA mandates, fed, state and local ordinances prevail and you have to put them back on to pass inspections.

I was glad to read the first thing you are getting is a helmet. Enjoy the Iron, it's a good lookin' bike.

Back