New to the club.....

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by Jackillac, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jackillac

Jackillac New Member

Ello everybody....!! I've got a 1962 sportster and I took it apart in 2005 to get the frame powder coated. Well my father ended up having to get a full heart transplant and we were unable to put it back together. So finally, as of a week ago.... I started to put it back together. I've got maybe 15 hrs into it and I am 75 percent done with it. I need a little help or guidance on how to re-wire my head lamp and tail lamps to the generator...... If anyone can help me or send me in the direction of a wiring diagram it would be much appreciated. Thanks....

2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

Hello neighbor.....ill check to see if i have a manual i had a 74 sporty....& welcome,,,,

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Welcome Jack...greetings from Omaha, NE. Great year for your Sporty (I was born in 62) & hope you get it road ready soon. Post some pics - I'd like to see your project.

4. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Welcome to the forum, Jack. Good luck with your bike.

5. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

got manual, head lite powered from B+ on regulator then to lite s/w then to handlebar hi / low s/w. then lite. tail powered by same same switch [toggle] style same screw as 1st stop after leaving B+ on reg. head lite but stops at terminal strip. hope helps tom.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Welcome Jackillac to the HDTalking forum...there is plenty of help in the Self Help section regarding basic electrical lighting.

I did post hopefully a close enough one to your 1962 Sportster in your schematic request post. Do send pictures and post your progress...Good Luck!