free website stats program New to the 103 motor on a 2013 road king classic | Harley Davidson Forums

New to the 103 motor on a 2013 road king classic

sadragna

I was riding last night alot of traffic bike got hot I enable the parade mode but I notice the bike would bog when rev the engin at a read is that normal when in parade mode
WAP.gif

Your bike will sound, feel, and smell different when the ETIMS system activates, usually idling at a red light. It helps to blip the throttle just before you plan to pull away to take it out of the single cylinder mode and give you all available power to accelerate.

Dr. Dolittle I started put 2 and 2 together thanks for that tip. I was taking off first and it sound like I didn't know what I was doing. Then I started to hit the throttle a lil just before take off.
WAP.gif

If you don't have to smog check it, removing the cat from the stock header will greatly reduce the heat build up, or you can go with true duals. Either way, no cat equals less heat...

Did you have to re map the bike tho?
WAP.gif

An engine is nothing more than an air pump when you look at it in the simplest terms. It will perform more efficiently (with less heat) if you open up the intake and exhaust flow. When you open up the air flow, you have to inject more fuel as well to insure proper combustion mixture. You can go back to Harley for a remap, but IMO, most economical way to do this is with an aftermarket tuner module that connects in line with your bike's computer.

Do you have a high flow air cleaner on the bike? If you do and you already remapped you should be fine. If not, I would recommend a high flow air cleaner and fuel injection tuner. I put the Vance and Hines fuel pak on my bike, it is very user friendly and you don't need a laptop to tune it.

::: FUELPAKFI.COM - YOU WANT FUEL MANAGEMENT. YOU NEED FUELPAK. :::

Back