free website stats program New to me HD | Harley Davidson Forums

New to me HD

firestorm

Hello

Well I braved the cold and went and got my (new to me 03 HD Road king classic anniversary). It was a 320 mile round trip. I did learn that two wheels will go on Ice as the Honda handled it nicely; boy the stress factor is not worth it though. I am starting to feel my toes finally after being home for an hour, it was around 35F for the trip.. So now to the fun part, going from the 750cc to 1500cc is like the difference from drinking coffee to a triple shot espresso. The ride was great and the handling on the HD is not much different than the Honda for the size different. Now it would NOT be right to compare the two as it would be like comparing apple to an orange. I am happy with the power from the HD, glad it did not snow on me. Pictures of the HD will have to wait tell tomorrow as it is to dark and I am too tired tonight.

Jesse

Congratulations and welcome to the best forum on the web. Looking forward to the pics.

Welcome firestorm.
Sounds like you need to accessorize your bike with grip and boot warmers.
Tons of great info on this forum.
Glad you made it home safe.

Best of luck with your 'NEW" ride! I bought my first REAL bike last spring and I remember my impressions too! Many years of riding Metrics (since 1973) were great, but the first block and a half on my test drive with the Deuce put a smile on my face that made it awfully hard to act nonchalant about dickering on the bike! I was nearly a blathering idiot! *LOL* Ever see the commercials for "Beggin' Strips" for dogs? You get the idea!

Enjoy the bike safely, and I hope that excitement stays as fresh as it is today for a LONG time! It was cool to go to a big bike rally last year and come home TOTALLY content that I hadn't seen a single bike there (1,000s of bikes were there) that I would even consider tradingnfor. Yeah baby, that is great feeling!

Can't wait to see the pics. Use this forum wisely, there is knowledge unlimited here, and MANY friends to be made that will try to help with any questions.

As much as you enjoyed your ride today (in the cold) Just wait till this summer. And if you can't wait..... maybe we will see you in Daytona next month.

Congratulations Firestorm on your new acquisition and a nice introduction to the HDTimeline forum. Tired now, but there will be even better (and warmer) riding days ahead. :D

Welcome to a great forum Firestorm and congratulations on your new Road King - awesome choice.
Harley's are really special aren't they......
I have a 1250cc Japanese bike which would lick my HD on accel and top speed but then so would a jet plane or a Formula 1 racer - so what? The ride on a Harley - whichever you choose, is something different and always plants a smile on the face :D.
Enjoy your time here and ride safe.

Back