free website stats program New (to me) electra glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New (to me) electra glide

pics of the new bike - this attracted me - 1996 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic

I never have had a harley before this year. And it has been 7 years since I owned my last Honda (forgive me for saying that). I have now owned three harleys since march. Sold my 1988 883 a couple of weeks ago. Now I have this electra glide.
I hope to get a little more serious about fixing up the shovel. Really like working on that bike and the sound it makes, just can't be beat. But the ride of the "new" bike. Jeez. It is comfortable and the wife loves it. She was the one pushing for me to get the bike. I gave her several outs and she never bit.
Have work to do on the electra glide - fix or delete the hypercharger (it needs a minor repair on the butterfly shaft). I want to dump the extra engine chrome, but wife really likes the look. Don't like covering up the engine. Like to know quickly if I have leaks or isssues. and I want to find some of the knee guards/chaps like those found on ultras to give my legs some protection during cold or cold/wet rides.

Back