free website stats program New to me 08 electra glide ultra classic | Harley Davidson Forums

New to me 08 electra glide ultra classic

dan313

Good morning,

I have become a member of the Harley family. I just purchased a 08 Electra Glide Ultra Classic with 3,800 miles on it. Black Pearl is the color with red pin stripes. I coming from an 03 Kawasaki Nomad which I enjoyed riding. So far I put 150 miles on the bike and am very satisfied with the bike. As time goes on I'm sure I will be picking your brains for information.

Lenny

Welcome to the forum from Suwannee and congrats on the new ride. The first thing you really need is a service manual.

Welcome to The Forum
:good
Check the self help section for tips:s

Wow 3800 miles. What a find. Besides the service manual, get yourself a copy of Ride Like Pro video. Watch it and practice practice. I came off a Fatboy for 15 years to a bagger 4 years ago. It's a whole different animal for maneuvering. Anybody can ride one down the highway. The lack of slow moving skills is what will get you both laid down. Congrats on a good find.
WAP.gif

Thanks for the greetings, I plan on getting a manual for the bike. As far as slow speed handling goes, My previous bike was a 03 Kawasaki Nomad 1500. I feel the Harley is easier to ride. I live on LI and I ride in bumper to bumper traffic more than I care to. My slow speed skills are pretty good. I do not white line.

Thanks again,

Lenny

Back