free website stats program New to me '07 Sportster and factory recalls | Harley Davidson Forums

New to me '07 Sportster and factory recalls

Hi Folks

I have a new to me '07 Sportster 883L and need to have the "recalls work" done on it - I think. I bought it privately and have not been to the dealer with it.

I think I need to have the 0128 recall for the alternator; the 0129 for the front tire check; and the 0131 for the engine exhaust shield

What can I expect from this trip to the dealers - should they do the work free of charge?

Can I tell if the work was done by a previous owner and not recorded at a dealer ? Using the bike VIN the HD website says the recalls are outstanding.

Thanks

Steve

If it's a recall, there shouldn't be any charge for the work, if they try to charge contact customer relations and let the dealer know that is your intention.

414-343-4056

3700 West Juneau Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53208

Thanks Glider - I'm taking a 1/2 vacation day and heading over to the dealer in the morning to see what they say. I expect they'll need to order the parts at the very least so it should be a quick trip.

Well, that was the best experience I've had at the Harley dealership yet. I re-checked online at HD and I had one open recall, the heat shield recall. I went to the dealer yesterday morning to have them confirm the open recall, order the parts, and setup an appointment. After adding me to their system, they checked, had the parts in stock, and had it installed and me out of there in 20 minutes at no charge. I know is just a little part but it was a pleasant surprise. Thumbs up to the dealer.

Back