free website stats program New to Harley Davidson's! Like wrenching. | Harley Davidson Forums

New to Harley Davidson's! Like wrenching.

Mandrax60

Hello all,
I'm new here and new to working on Harley Davidson's. Thank you all in this forum and hope to get a lifetime of knowledge, and make friends in the community here. So thank you to all.
The reason I joined this site is that I'm in trouble. I have a 94 883xl converted to a 1200. I'm also outfitting the bike with an 01 Fatboy tank and a 67282-96C speedo cluster. I have a wiring diagram for the sporty. Just need the pin out to hook up the gauges and ignition. Other part number on the cluster is 67412-99A. Also eliminating the kuryakun combination gas / volt gauge from the tank. Any low cost replacements? Thanks for your time, help, and welcomeness. Ride with pride all from Nashua NH.
Michael S. Hogan.

Hello all,
I'm new here and new to working on Harley Davidson's. Thank you all in this forum and hope to get a lifetime of knowledge, and make friends in the community here. So thank you to all.
The reason I joined this site is that I'm in trouble. I have a 94 883xl converted to a 1200. I'm also outfitting the bike with an 01 Fatboy tank and a 67282-96C speedo cluster. I have a wiring diagram for the sporty. Just need the pin out to hook up the gauges and ignition. Other part number on the cluster is 67412-99A. Also eliminating the kuryakun combination gas / volt gauge from the tank. Any low cost replacements? Thanks for your time, help, and welcomeness. Ride with pride all from Nashua NH.
Michael S. Hogan.

Welcome aboard, fairly new here myself and impressed with the congeniality of everyone I've had the pleasure to converse with here on this board. Lots of good tips and info available from those who share their knowledge here.
Best way to fully understand what your bike needs or wants, is to dive in, pull wrenches, use the owners manual in conjunction with the HD Repair and Service Manuals that can be bought from any dealership, or, if lucky enough to find one on E-Bay or Craigslist. Mine was only $57.00 with tax from the dealership, and well worth the money spent.
NOTE: They also make available a parts number manual and a comprehensive electrical wiring and harness manual that are respective to the specificity of your particular model bike.

Welcome aboard, fairly new here myself and impressed with the congeniality of everyone I've had the pleasure to converse with here on this board. Lots of good tips and info available from those who share their knowledge here.
Best way to fully understand what your bike needs or wants, is to dive in, pull wrenches, use the owners manual in conjunction with the HD Repair and Service Manuals that can be bought from any dealership, or, if lucky enough to find one on E-Bay or Craigslist. Mine was only $57.00 with tax from the dealership, and well worth the money spent.
NOTE: They also make available a parts number manual and a comprehensive electrical wiring and harness manual that are respective to the specificity of your particular model bike.

I have a service manual I'm using. Good thing. Just need the pin out to hook things up. I've googled and googled. So I joined this forum. And hope to be a sponge and increase my knowledge of Harley's. Fun to work on and like the challenge of diving right in. You got to start somewhere. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back