free website stats program New tires on the bike... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New tires on the bike...

Does older rubber compound get harder...What makes new rubber on bare tar better??....Have you guys tested old and new compound with a derromater??? I cant spell it but you know,a hardness gage thay use in racing..Sorry, I wonder some weard stuff sometimes..:)

Does older rubber compound get harder...What makes new rubber on bare tar better??....Have you guys tested old and new compound with a derromater??? I cant spell it but you know,a hardness gage thay use in racing..Sorry, I wonder some weard stuff sometimes..:)

the compound will get harder with age this can be seen by the sidewall cracking also on a new tire (us spelling) :p there is a greater depth of rubber and thicker rubber has more give than thin rubber of the same compound just because there is more to give

Brian

New tires also handle better because they are still rounded as well as the fact that the rubber is fresher........I'll be getting a new set pretty soon. I spend alot of time on the slab at 70mph so mine are pretty flat on the bottom. I definately feel the additional effort to initiate a lean right now. Got 10,600 on this set and still more than 3/32 left on front and rear and the wear marks are not showing so I'll wait another month or so.

New tires make a great difference in ride quality and security makes the bike feel new again. Have fun!
I run metzlers because they were on my bike when I bought it, my brother has Dunlop’s and we are getting about the same mileage, however I grind my floor boards regularly and the grip is fantastic... have to say my brother does to but???

Back