New tires on the bike...

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Kansasjase, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Kansasjase

Kansasjase Active Member

Man what a difference a new set of tires makes. Kinda forgot what I had been missing until I got out on the road with new rubber. Even more motivation--beside the safety factor (and that's kind of a big deal)--to keep fresh tires on the bike.

2. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Absolutely, Notice how much better the NASCAR drivers proform with a new set of tires on the track. Congratulations

3. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

Gotta love the increased confidence a new set of tires will provide.:D

4. glgarrett

glgarrett Active Member

Love new rubber under me no matter the vehicle. What kind did you buy?

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

New tyres always feel good just remember to take it easy on them for a wee while until they are settled in takes 100 miles or so

Brian

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I hear you. That why I always cautioned my customers at Harley dealer that it is like power steering on the bike. With 2 new tires. Cornering is effortless and ride quality is like a new bike. Just mounted 2 new tires yesterday and looking forward to riding tomorrow to break them in.

7. Kansasjase

Kansasjase Active Member

Bike already had Dunlops so I stayed with them although I think I may go Metzler next time, my bike guy says they seem to last a little longer.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Riding in the rain you bet new tires make a big difference, just changed my front tyre(English) spelling:s

9. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Jack - you old 'Chap' you! I am about to put new tires on my bike. Can't wait - it will be like riding a brand new Street Glide!!!! :D:D

Bill - nuff said .... now git r done!

10. Rad Dog

Rad Dog New Member

Yeah, I recently put some new Metzlers on my ride and what a difference!

Bike rides much better!