free website stats program New tires from dealer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New tires from dealer

My dealer told me that when they change tires on a RKC,,they usually install new tubes also. Is this the norm??,,or just to be safe. My bike has 12500 miles, original tires, no rough driving. Costing roughly $200 for tire and install each.
My dealer won't even put a tire on a rim if you take it off the bike,liability reasons I assume?

My dealer won't even put a tire on a rim if you take it off the bike,liability reasons I assume?

Whoa! Haven't heard that one. Everyone here has one price for on the bike and a cheaper one for off the bike. Back to the OP, I wouldn't pull a tire off without replacing the tube. They're too cheap to think about it.

Local dealer here used to allow you to bring in your own tire, or bring in your own rims/wheels and they'd simply (I use simple loosely) charge you labor to put the tires on or change out your rims/wheels. Bottom line, they would work on your bike if all you got from them was labor: brought your own parts (Harley Parts). Nowadays they won't do any work unless you're purchasing all the parts at their store. Not sure what changed, now I simply go to a locally owned shop.

Back