free website stats program New Tire | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tire

DZRyder

Anyone reccomend another tire other than the D401 Harley Dunlop. I am looking for something a little more afordable.

Anyone reccomend another tire other than the D401 Harley Dunlop. I am looking for something a little more afordable.

i think the dunlop is about the best price out there, i've looked around and the metzeler and avon were more. i bought a metzeler and then picked up a nail in the rear with only a 1000 miles on it, so i'm back to the dunlop to save a little.

Over the past 35 years or so of Harley riding, I've tried a number of "more affordable" tires, some better, some worse. The bottom line has always been that none of the cheaper tires lasted as long as the major brand tires. Usually there was a pretty clear ratio between cost and service; the tire that costs half as much lasts half as long. That's fine if you're selling the bike next week, but for the long haul, get the good tires.

Not to mention that it's your LIFE that has to be factored into the equation!

I put a Michelin on my '07 Sportster & rode it about 1000 miles before I traded. I liked the way it felt, handled, & it rode smoother.

just had avon venons fitted to my sportster custom 05,the originals dunlops had clocked 10.000 miles,only needed changing due to picking up a couple screws in rear

Michelin's in HD sizes are relatively new in the sizes for use on HD motorcycles (as compared to Dunlop, Metzler and Avon. If you have any additional info on their use and application is appreciated.

As an aside, I do know that I really like their tires on my SUV and my ol' Ford truck, and they were slow to get them in my tire sizes in those applications as well. JMO :D

Back