free website stats program new tin+bars | Harley Davidson Forums

new tin+bars

kraznos

Didn't like the look of this bike when i got it last year. I'm getting it back to a more stock appearance. Got rid of all the live to ride stuff, gold eagle, windshield,saddlebags,buckhorns,fat foam grips,mustang tank,fatbob rear fender,two-up seat with sister bar. Not that there's anything wrong with all of that stuff, just not for me. Just want a simple round town bike.

Attachments

• 8832.jpg
    8832.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 74
  • brbnz.jpg
    brbnz.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 66
  • fndroo.jpg
    fndroo.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 60
  • xl4.jpg
    xl4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 66
Stuff that just affects the appearance of the bike is obviously up to you. I'd keep the windshield and saddlebags handy - even for an "around town" bike they're kind of nice sometimes.

Why did you use quotation marks for around town?? Do you really think a little bike like the sportster needs all of that stuff hanging all over it? I don't, that's why that stuff is long gone, sold off. It's a Sport, so why not treat it as such?

Why did you use quotation marks for around town?? Do you really think a little bike like the sportster needs all of that stuff hanging all over it? I don't, that's why that stuff is long gone, sold off. It's a Sport, so why not treat it as such?

I used quotation marks to emphasize your phrase in the OP.

No bike NEEDS anything but a motor and tires! :p Some things are just kind of nice and convenient. Hey, it's your bike - you decide how it looks and how to ride it.

kraznos; nice transformation on the Sporty, but you might want to lighten up w/your tone when responding to posts...especially when your dialogue is with a Moderator. Might find yourself on vacation mode for a bit. As with all new forum members - recommend you read the rules (if you haven't). We're all adults & you asked for an opinion. Dr. D's response was just that - an opinion. Don't take it so negatively...

kraznos; nice transformation on the Sporty, but you might want to lighten up w/your tone when responding to posts...especially when your dialogue is with a Moderator. Might find yourself on vacation mode for a bit. As with all new forum members - recommend you read the rules (if you haven't). We're all adults & you asked for an opinion. Dr. D's response was just that - an opinion. Don't take it so negatively...

If there's anything I've learned in my brief time as a moderator, it's that it's very difficult, if not impossible, to discern someone's true attitude and tone merely from the written word. Little emoticons, quotations, bold font, and capital letters certainly help but it's still too easy to assume someone is being negative when, in fact, they are only being brief or concise.

Iceman, I appreciate the support. In this case, as always, I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. Don't worry - we have ways to deal with truly negative people!

Agreed with both views. Good job guys!

At work we do a lot of communicating by e-mail. Amazing how many people read into things. On the other hand, this is an awesome site about an awesome subject. Why not have an awesome attitude?

Meanwhile, back on topic :D

The bike looks so much better after the transformation. The original bike was er,,,, shall we say, not to my taste.

It is a fine looking bike i do see an 87 sportster that is near stock from time to time when it needs a wee bit of work and it is another good looking bike

Brian

Back