free website stats program New Tatoo | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tatoo

xlcruser

A neighbor of mine dropped by a couple hours ago. He bought a new FXDC about three months ago and figured he needed a new tat to go along with it. When he bought his bike he had never ridden and was just out of the safety course, he's about 20-21 yrs old. I suggested he should get something a bit lighter but, his ride right. When he showed me the new tat on his shoulder I about fell over. He's got a 3' tall 1%r tattooed on him. I asked him what he was thinking, his reply was "Well now I'm part of the 1% of the people that ride motorcycles" Oh lordy does this guy got a lot to learn. I told him what it really meant, I don't think he believed me. I told him go home and google One Percenters. I'm curious as to what he'll do next.

In my younger days I had a friend, who had a friend that had a H_LL's Angel tat on his arm. He got beat up real bad and was advised to remove it or next time they would do it for him.

It may look cool, but its not the greatest idea to copy club colours. The consequences are harsh if caught.

Im surprised the tat artist didn't say anything. I would think they would know that.

I don't think I would ever remove my shirt outside of my shower with that one!!

I'm not trying to be morbid but I hope we don't see a prayer request for your neighbor in the future. I would certainly suggest that he "is busy" for all of the big bike rallies.:small3d031:

There's a few of us that ride a lot around here and were going to ride over to his place tonight and try and talk some sense into him. He's pretty head strong. I'd sure hate for some real 1% patch wearing club wanting to have a talk with him. They tend to make there point real clear, real fast.

Dumb kid.Where I live we have a fair size chapter of Angels,they absorbed the former Satan's Choice mc. and any tattoo artist around here would not have put those markings on him.

that is scarey..So I guess I with the ignorant part of the people reading this..who does the 1%R represent?

Read Below

One Percenters
The term "One-Percenter" was coined after an incident in Hollister, California in 1947[14][15] which was dubbed the Hollister riot. Whether or not an actual riot occurred is debatable, but there was a motorcycle rally in Hollister from July 4 to July 6 of that year that was attended by about 4000 people. Several newspaper articles were written that, according to some attendees, sensationalized the event and Life magazine ran an article and a staged photograph of an intoxicated subject on a motorcycle parked in a bar. The film The Wild One, starring Marlon Brando, was inspired by the event, and it became the first in a series of movies that depicted bikers and members of motorcycle clubs in this stereotypical manner. The press asked the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to comment on the Hollister incident and their response[citation needed] was that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, and the last one percent were outlaws. Thus was born the term, "one percenter". They are also known as "Outlaw Motorcycle Gang" or (OMG) according to the ATF[16].

One-percenter MCs (OMGs) do not allow women to become full-patch members[17][18][19][20], rather, women are submissive to the men[21], treated as property, victimized by forcing them into prostitution or street level drug traffickers, and are often physically and sexually abused[22]. Any pay women receive is given to their individual men and sometimes to the entire club[23]. Women's roles as obedient followers, and their status as objects, make these groups extremely gender segregated[24].

Membership in what authorities term "Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs" is often racist as well[25]. For example, membership in the Hells Angels was not open to African-Americans[26][27] or Hispanics[28], which has led to creation of rival gangs such as the Bandidos and the Mongols Motorcycle Club[29]. MC members are not usually referred to by their given names, but instead refer to each other by nicknames, or road names, sometimes even displaying their road name on the club vest. Whether or not this practice was carried over from the military aviation history of colorful pilot callsigns is not known.

hmmm most all outlaw MC display the 1%er patch on there vest...now this guy with the tatoo it does not have anything to do with one particular outlaw MC so he might not get killed.....now if he would have went out a got a HA for life tatoo i'd say yea if he doesn't get that removed hez a dead man....now i do think it was not wise to get it because a real 1%er might test him to find out if hez for real or not.lett him read this post when you go see him

Back