free website stats program New Supertrapp SE Slip-on | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Supertrapp SE Slip-on

Got the fatstick on my 2010 RG.Bought 6 disc set for more sound and perfomance.Didn't notice a difference.I took the closed end cap off,now she sounds real good.Got stage 1 download,Wimer Better Sucker & Xied's on her.Runs real well !

The one thing that bothered me was the flare at the end of muffler turn blue from the exhaust exiting the discs.Should have just taken the end cap off before I bought the extra discs.Super Trapp/Kerker has a competition end cap that is open ended. Looks good but save your money and take the end cap off for the same effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the SuperTrapp SE slip-on on my 2008 Road King standard. These are the old style Screaming Eagle pipes that were made by SuperTrapp for Harley. When EPA changed the design, SuperTrapp continued to produce the pipe in house as the SuperTrapp SE (Super Elite). These pipes do have the changeable end caps.

I've been very happy with mine. Definitely a deeper rumble than stock pipes. They do get louder with more miles. I now have 20,000 miles on them and they are definitely louder than when they were new.
I have been doin alot of searching and have narrowed it down to the newer Supertrapp SE mostly cuz of the fishtail look on a highly reputble co. I think the HD ones are 4" vs Sse at 3 1/2". If they end up really quiet I would deal with it. Dont know if this model has a baffle choice. End caps may play a role in the sound but they are not tunable slip-ons.
SC
WAP.gif

You do have a choice of baffles with this model. The Mikuni Performance baffles produce more sound than the others. It's a straight through (wide open) baffle that's about half the length of the other baffles offered. These baffles do perform! The choice of end cap doesn't affect performance or sound DB's.

You do have a choice of baffles with this model. The Mikuni Performance baffles produce more sound than the others. It's a straight through (wide open) baffle that's about half the length of the other baffles offered. These baffles do perform! The choice of end cap doesn't affect performance or sound DB's.

The more I learn about these, the more I like em.
My choices are:

Supertrapp SE...... Style and sound
Rush w 2" baffles... Sound
V&H 3" slip-ons w/ Fish Tails.... not really sure if I like the narrower pipes, maybe loud ?
Freedom Performance Slip-on SharkTails...same about the narrow pipe...

For now I have stock AC and Jackpot Dyno slash up. I do like them with and without the Quiet Baffle. At times I think they just sound different.

Hope to complete my Stage 1 with the TFI and the SE Air Cleaner.
Thanks for your input !!

I have been doin alot of searching and have narrowed it down to the newer Supertrapp SE mostly cuz of the fishtail look on a highly reputble co. I think the HD ones are 4" vs Sse at 3 1/2". If they end up really quiet I would deal with it. Dont know if this model has a baffle choice. End caps may play a role in the sound but they are not tunable slip-ons.
SC
WAP.gif

I have the Supertrapp SE's on my '09 and am very satisfied with them. I went with turndown end caps which seem to direct the sound down more. They are louder than stock but not enough to bother the neighbours. Very nice purr at highway speeds but a nice bark when you twist it.
Best of all, my wife has no complaints when riding passenger.

I have the 3 1/2 inch . Supertrapps SE on my 2008 Ultra.. after about 40K miles they're beginning to get a bit loud for me and they are NOT tunable as they are basically a can within a can [baffle within the outer shell]....The baffles are 1 3/4 inch. as far as I can determine so don't think there's any alternate.........for what that's worth...............

Thanks to all for your input

You have given allot of helpful info regarding the Supertrapp Slip-ons. Out of all the fish tails, these are the ones I would pick. The SE baffles are replaceable but not tunable (not an issue). Mikuni baffle option... will look into that. I checked with Fuel Moto for a comparison between these and my Jackpots and the SE would be louder than the Dyno tuned W/Quiet Baffle and not as loud as the Dyno Tuned WO/ Quiet Baffle. Considering I often switch out the "Quiet" option and then back again...The standard SE may be just right.
SC

Back