free website stats program New Supertrapp SE Slip-on | Harley Davidson Forums

New Supertrapp SE Slip-on

SunCruise

Banned
Hey all, is anyone running these ? Supertrapp's SE are 3 1/2" muffs and get great reviews whereas HD SE's are 4" and I understand they are much quieter than older version. Im curious how quiet the Supertrapp's are. Neither are EPA stamped as some other models, but I believe it will be the "sound" they would measure regardless of a stamp. (when it comes to that)
Also..I'm thinking Fish Tails here..Do they sound quieter than lets say turn downs ? I think the 3 1/2 SE would look great on a 09 King Classic but afraid I'll be back here wondering how to make em louder :newsmile040: I have other noisey options I like too but thats another post. Thanx

Had them on my 07 Rg for a year they are great pipes priced right and tunable.
I know the book say 2010 and newer but they are just fine for all TC engines
they are calle fatshotz and all you do to allow more flow is add disk
Hey Smitty Just thinkin out loud here... ready ? :)
Fat Shots...made by supertrapp...and yes they are tunable (remove or add disks)

Fatshotz... HD product ...MADE by Supertrapp also tunable if you remove the tamper proof screws gaining access to the removable disks.

now...SE different muffler... HD carried it(here we go again)..made by Supertrapp ...but no longer.

Supertrapp still carries SE (super elite) or (something like that but not Screaming Eagle) and They are NOT tunable. NO disks. The baffle is not serviceable and can only be replaced. None the less you can see how confusing this can get, (this shot that shot, SE or SE, disk no disk and so on)
So by all means correct me if I'm wrong however;my original question refers to Supertrapp SE slip-on. Also I have to chuckle cusz Both fatshotz and Fat shots are on my list too. Thanks for your time Smitty, I'm hopin if anyone else gets caught up in this situation that this helps :small3d031:

Hey Smitty Just thinkin out loud here... ready ? :)
Fat Shots...made by supertrapp...and yes they are tunable (remove or add disks)

Fatshotz... HD product ...MADE by Supertrapp also tunable if you remove the tamper proof screws gaining access to the removable disks.

now...SE different muffler... HD carried it(here we go again)..made by Supertrapp ...but no longer.

Supertrapp still carries SE (super elite) or (something like that but not Screaming Eagle) and They are NOT tunable. NO disks. The baffle is not serviceable and can only be replaced. None the less you can see how confusing this can get, (this shot that shot, SE or SE, disk no disk and so on)
So by all means correct me if I'm wrong however;my original question refers to Supertrapp SE slip-on. Also I have to chuckle cusz Both fatshotz and Fat shots are on my list too. Thanks for your time Smitty, I'm hopin if anyone else gets caught up in this situation that this helps :small3d031:

For those who may be following this ( slip-on searchers) A little more on the FatshotZ ... HD carries them...One difference between these and Supertrapps Fat Shots is the closed end cap on Super's whereas HD's has a center opening less restrictive due to the 2010 CAT in headpipe. One MAY want to tune the HD one if installing on a 09 or earlier without the CAT. This is what I've been reading. Thanks for forums, Im learning alot. I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
The closed center is only on the two to one pipes and is removable if you like most do.
The 2 to 2 pipes do NOT have the disk center.
This is what they look like installed
Picture_0032.jpg

Smitty, do those end caps have sideways splitters or is that an optical illusion?

There are not end caps on the two to two. The caps go in the center on two to one pipes.
I would call the end caps more plugs than caps.

The fatshotz are just like the super traps (at half the cost) they have disks.
The disk are what tune the pipes add more more flow and more sound
Here is a better side view of the pipes.
80847_10_L_25194.jpg

Nice thanks for that info:s

The closed center is only on the two to one pipes and is removable if you like most do.
The 2 to 2 pipes do NOT have the disk center.
This is what they look like installed
Picture_0032.jpg
More info !! great !! they look nice, Im surprised at how few pictures are on Supertrapps (and other manufa..) Web sites especially when so many people are concerned with "how they look" Don't know if I would have ever figured out the 2 into 2 vs the 2 into 1 making a difference. I like both the closed and open,and tunable is a plus; but im still leaning towards the SE with fishtails and how they sound. Alot of google searches and you tube and best yet..the forum.
thanx SC

I have the fatshotz on my 2011 limited and have many complements on how they sound and look just finished my stage one and now it run's as good as it look's and sounds.A good bang for your buck's

ol bill

I have the fatshotz on my 2011 limited and have many complements on how they sound and look just finished my stage one and now it run's as good as it look's and sounds.A good bang for your buck's

ol bill

Anyone running these on a RK Classic? Got Pics? FatShotz or Fat Shots ?
SC:bigsmiley10:

I have the SuperTrapp SE slip-on on my 2008 Road King standard. These are the old style Screaming Eagle pipes that were made by SuperTrapp for Harley. When EPA changed the design, SuperTrapp continued to produce the pipe in house as the SuperTrapp SE (Super Elite). These pipes do have the changeable end caps.

I've been very happy with mine. Definitely a deeper rumble than stock pipes. They do get louder with more miles. I now have 20,000 miles on them and they are definitely louder than when they were new.

In regards to the open end caps. Over time the stainless steel started to discolor so I removed them. Lo and behold I was surprised to how much louder the pipes were. It also seemed like I had more decel pop. After a week or so I decided that they were to loud for me so I painted the caps with black ceramic engine paint and put them back on. And yes the mufflers do get a little louder over time.
Craig

You also have another choice if you go with the SuperTrapp SE slip-on (old style SE). You can get them with the mikuni performance baffles. I run these baffles and they're impressive. The baffles come wrapped with fiberglass cloth which won't burn out like the cheap wooley fiberglass packing in most baffles. Very wide torque range. Smooth but strong from bottom to top. Sound is subjective but I'm please in that area too. Fairly mellow while cruising but come alive when asked.

Back