free website stats program New Superlow - when to upgrade slip-ons? | Harley Davidson Forums

New Superlow - when to upgrade slip-ons?

Mako

Bought a 2011 XL-883 Superlow for the wife and it only has a little over 125 miles on it as she is still learning. As a believer in 'Loud pipes save lives,' I have a set of V&H twin slash downs for it.

But I wondered if the new pipes might affect the engine during the break-in period. Should I wait until she gets 500 miles or so on it before I install the slip-ons, or go for it now?

had my slip ons installed, along with stage 1, before they rolled it out the door
just follow the break in that Jack posted and you are good to go

Thanks, will try the procedure.

I'll just have to grin and bare it and ride the XL into the countryside. I'll have to try keep my knees out of the handlebars (she has a reach seat), but will get it in shape.

Thanks guys.

Thanks, will try the procedure.

I'll just have to grin and bare it and ride the XL into the countryside. I'll have to try keep my knees out of the handlebars (she has a reach seat), but will get it in shape.

Thanks guys.

Let us know:D

She can do the procedure just as well, so you do not have to subject your kneecaps to the "indignity of black and blue divots" when you go to the beach afterwards...LOL. The Low is just that low...be careful, because it is a hoot to ride, along with the big 4.5 gal tank and sporty wheels and radial tires. May have to grind down the peg feelers a bit.

If its her bike I would recommend let her decide. Wait till she is completely confident and comfortable with bike. Upgrades may cause a distraction to her being able to smoothly operate bike.

Back