free website stats program new streetglide, seat and widshield advise | Harley Davidson Forums

new streetglide, seat and widshield advise

fomocosandrail

new 2010 flhx yesterday, rode 100 miles in cold today awsome bike but I am 6'7" 280# and that stock seat and windshield aint going to cut it

Windshield - clearview, klockwerks, fastaire seem to be very popular. I have a clearview recurve that I really like and a slightly taller fastaire that protects my wife on back a bit more.

Seat - HD sundowner, corbin, mustang seem to predominate the HD touring world. You could also have Mean City Cycles redo your current seat or try a gel or Airhawk pad.

can't help you with seat advice since I'm vertically challenged; however, I love my Clearview with recurve. Only shield I'll ever buy for my scoot.

I agree with you about the windshield and seat so I changed to a stock ultra seat and the stock ultra windshield and fairing wings.

The ulta seat is great and I have put many miles on it, but my needs are now leaning twords the Harley Touring Signature Series Solo Seat, much better than the mustang solo IMO.

As far as the windshield goes custom chrome sells one that is 17.5 tall. I am thinking about that for mine then rigging a windshield wipper in it.

Finaly for buying OEM parts I have found house of harley in wisconsin beats all the local dealers prices even with shipping from there e sales department.

Finaly for buying OEM parts I have found house of harley in wisconsin beats all the local dealers prices even with shipping from there e sales department.

Be sure to give Zanotti's a look too - their prices are hard to beat.

Wow doc thanks for that info, I thought house of hd was a good deal at a $108 savings with shipping vs. buying at my local dealer with 9.5% tax.
But Zanotti's has the same Harley Touring Signature Series Solo Seat @ a 135.39 savings over the local dealer.
SWEET!!!!:bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11:

Wow doc thanks for that info, I thought house of hd was a good deal at a $108 savings with shipping vs. buying at my local dealer with 9.5% tax.
But Zanotti's has the same Harley Touring Signature Series Solo Seat @ a 135.39 savings over the local dealer.
SWEET!!!!:bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11:

I've always used Zanotti's for anything I simply didn't want to pick up at the local dealers and I've never been disappointed!

Once again thanks Doc, I just bought the seat and got a solo detach for a tour pac so I can put my dog crate on that but I saved $195 on the whole deal and that just about pays for my hitch from mchitch so I can pull me little trailer too.

Any idea how fast the shipping and processing is I am alot farther in seattle then were you are though and I called them and looks like they are closed on mondays.

I have the recurve windshield 8 1/2" and I'm 5'10". Works very well but if you want real protection, I would go higher. As usual, form or function... As far as a seat goes, I bought an 08 road glide seat off of ebay and sent it to MCC and had them do their thing. Realy a nice seat now and still less expensive than getting something else. Any seat from a 2010 is going to be junk so get ready to look for butt comfort now. My last bike had a corbin and I was very happy with it. Good luck on whatever you choose.

Back