free website stats program New Street Glide | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Street Glide

:( You guy's are making me nervous. I bought a 2014 FLHX that is still sitting in the Dealer's garage waiting for some better weather to deliver it. The Demo that I rode was fantastic and had no issues like those described here and I sure am hoping that none appear when I finally do get my new ride! :small3d012:

They did not make these changes overnight I suspect a lot of engineering and driver involvement was used. From what I have read clutch prob was ironed out in oct 2013..you are gonna love your new bike

Oh yeah, I can agree with that phrase through personal experience with a brand new re-modeled, restyled automobile in 2010. From the moment I took it out of the showroom, it had steering issues. I complained, they tried to fit it and after 2.5 months of grief, the auto manufacturer actually bought the car back from me with no financial loss to me at all.

Motto: never again will I buy a first year new model anything.

I should just wait for the 2015 Street Glide.

Did you go ahead and get a 2014 I see that's your main ride now...how is it doing for you

I just bought one last week and Im getting the exact same symptoms. The dealer says this is the way the new touring bikes are because the way the motor is mounted to the frame. They say its supposed to get better as the motor gets broken in, Lets see!

I dont like the way that sounds,sounds like the HD folks dont really know whats causeing the problem!!! Sad that our people are buying these 1st year modles and are having 1st year problems:small3d023:

I had a similar issue on my 2012 SG after the same break in procedure. After 3 trips back to the dealer and being told it was normal, and it wasn't normal. I found the problem when I was changing the exhaust the bolts for the header pipes were loose. When i put the new header on and tightened the bolts the vibration was gone

Did you go ahead and get a 2014 I see that's your main ride now...how is it doing for you

hillbilly81,

Yes, you can see that I bought a 2014 Street Glide. Had it delivered on New Years Eve. Had it out twice since then. Now with a total of 60 miles on the odometer.

For the short rides I had, the bike was a pleasure to ride. The only issue I noticed (for me) was the wind buffeting on my helmet. The stock windshield (if you want to call that thing a windshield) is useless for me. I will need a much higher one. Probably will get a 8-9' high to replace the stock. That should fix my problem. There aren't too many aftermarket anything to select from at this time since this bike and everything about it is so new, the aftermarket manufacturers don't have accessories for this bike. Hopefully in the next few months there will be; I need stuff!

It kind of surprised me when I started looking for extras for my 2014 most parts that are available are only in the HD parts and accessories catalog

How tall are you? Windvest has shields for the 2014's I have been running the 7" on my SG and like it quite well, I'm 5'-11"

How tall are you? Windvest has shields for the 2014's I have been running the 7" on my SG and like it quite well, I'm 5'-11"

I am an average 5' 8" tall. I also use a rider backrest that pushes me forward a bit to support my back and to keep my arms in a comfortable position.

The problem is not knowing what height to get without trying different sizes, no matter the brand. Finding the right size can be difficult since everyone sits differently.

I just discovered the WindVest brand in my American Iron mag. They don't mention any warranty on their products. That bothers me.

Interesting, but most of these shields for this bike, no matter the brand, are priced the same (+/- $10.00), including the Harley Wind Splitter. I would rather get the Harley since the prices are so similar. The Harley dealers will install them on your bike for you to test on the road to determine the right size. I like that. Need to wait for warmer riding temps to get the bike there.

That is how I ended up buying my windshield for my super glide...the dealer had several sizes available for DEMO picked out the one that suited me

Back