free website stats program New Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

New Street Glide

BuffaloBill

Hello Gang

Well I was at the dealer Friday getting the 09 RKC inspected killing time wound up puling the trigger on a 2014 Street Glide

Durring the iniatial break in letting the bike warm up and (running it thru 2nd 3rd 4th gear 30 to 60 letting the bike declerate 10 Xs)

I noticed pulling out of the dealer's lot the bike would have a slight Vibration/Shutter feeling every time I went to slowing down to a stop I did not think about it much thingking it was "tight" but it seemend to be more noticible after the break in.
I took it back to the dealer and had the Service Mangaer test ride it he came back and said he has not ridden a new Street Glide and did not think there was an issue after checking for leaks (None)
I suggested that he take a floor model out and see if it had the same issues He did and he stated it rode the same.
Anyone here have any issues with the newer bikes ?
I am wondering if the Hoter cams had anything to do with it
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I forgot to mention that if i pull the Clutch in the vibration/shuttering decreses practicaly goes away. Oher then the slight shuttering/vibration at lower speeds I love the bike.

Re: New Street Glide Vibration issue

Hello Gang

Well I was at the dealer Friday getting the 09 RKC inspected killing time wound up puling the trigger on a 2014 Street Glide

Durring the iniatial break in letting the bike warm up and (running it thru 2nd 3rd 4th gear 30 to 60 letting the bike declerate 10 Xs)

I noticed pulling out of the dealer's lot the bike would have a slight Vibration/Shutter feeling every time I went to slowing down to a stop I did not think about it much thingking it was "tight" but it seemend to be more noticible after the break in.
I took it back to the dealer and had the Service Mangaer test ride it he came back and said he has not ridden a new Street Glide and did not think there was an issue after checking for leaks (None)
I suggested that he take a floor model out and see if it had the same issues He did and he stated it rode the same.
Anyone here have any issues with the newer bikes ?
I am wondering if the Hoter cams had anything to do with it
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I forgot to mention that if i pull the Clutch in the vibration/shuttering decreses practicaly goes away. Oher then the slight shuttering/vibration at lower speeds I love the bike.

Any Help??
This situation feels like the vibrations are coming from road surface, through the wheels, up to front shocks.. to handle bars to my arms,,HELP with an answer someone.. later

Probably not your issue but the MOCO and dealers are notorious for not servicing the steering head bearings properly before delivery. If you have no grease at all in there it could be felt in the handlebars I would think.

Maybe YOU should take a floor model or two out and see if you notice the same thing, maybe even at a different dealer. He probably just told you whatever it took to get you on your way!

Give the whole front end a good look over - wheel, tire,brakes, fairing, etc. It's amazing how one loose or out of adjustment item can affect the feel of your bike.

I just put down a deposit on a 2014 FLHXS today. And, after two test rides in the last week, I read your post and connected immediately. In fact, after my last test ride the salesperson asked me what I thought - and (EDIT) if I didn't feel exactly the same vibration. Gave my feedback and they said it was probably b/c the bike had about 100 miles on it and the brakes hadn't yet worn in enough. Hm, ok, maybe. Same as you described though, pull in the clutch - no vibe. Typical braking situation though, and it (EDIT) near felt like ABS kicking in. Wondered if by now your bike is acting any different.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put down a deposit on a 2014 FLHXS today. And, after two test rides in the last week, I read your post and connected immediately. In fact, after my last test ride the salesperson asked me what I thought - and (EDIT) if I didn't feel exactly the same vibration. Gave my feedback and they said it was probably b/c the bike had about 100 miles on it and the brakes hadn't yet worn in enough. Hm, ok, maybe. Same as you described though, pull in the clutch - no vibe. Typical braking situation though, and it (EDIT) near felt like ABS kicking in. Wondered if by now your bike is acting any different.

Sorry getting back to you so late
I did take another Demo bike out with the Service manger and it did have a slight vibration but not at the level of my bike .
I insisted that the bike be checked out by the Service tech and the tech did check the bike out and a clutch adjustment and said he found a muffler clamp that was loose
He stated that he did all he could but that is the nature of the new 103 engines. After picking the bike up and riding it home the vibration was minimal
Long story short I am extremely happy with the outcome.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

WAP.gif

Probably not your issue but the MOCO and dealers are notorious for not servicing the steering head bearings properly before delivery. If you have no grease at all in there it could be felt in the handlebars I would think.

The 2014 steering head bearings are all factory sealed. No grease fitting on the new bikes. At 25,000 miles, you take it back to the dealer to have the entire front end disassembled, and bearings serviced at that time. Enjoy.

DJK1

The 2014 steering head bearings are all factory sealed. No grease fitting on the new bikes. At 25,000 miles, you take it back to the dealer to have the entire front end disassembled, and bearings serviced at that time. Enjoy.

DJK1

Great - one more thing you used to be able to easily do yourself. Now they've made it a bigger job or a more profitable one for the dealer!

Hello, I am new to the forum but found you guys by doing a search under 'HD Street Glide vibration' which my new, 2014 Street Glide Classic has. If I am at 50mph and let off the throttle -- let's say in 5th gear without engaging the clutch I have a very bad vibration come up through the handle bars. This happens within 2 seconds so it is not due to lugging the engine at too low a speed while still in a higher gear. The bars vibrate verticle (not back & forth or sideways). It has been in the shop for 3 days and they have yet to find the issue. Once I get it back I will let you know the outcome. My bike now has 189 miles on it. I hope this is not a problem with these bikes - for what they cost they should be perfect.

It's all the water coolant shifting inside your motor...:p

JK, don't the 2014's have a new clutch set-up...and clutch recall...??

Back