New Stock Mufflers

Discussion in 'Trikes' started by Jack Klarich, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

[​IMG]
    Found these, new take offs for cheap, may buy them gut them and install Big City Baffles

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

That sounds like a good plan. A lot cheaper than buying performance mufflers with the same results. The metric dealers around here carry an assortment of different length baffles that are inexpensive so if you don't like the sound and performance you can just try another pair and you are only out 10-20 bucks.

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Go for it, give that trike some rumble.

4. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

I agree with Jeff, go for it. Your trike sounds nice but a little more bark can't hurt. :s

5. Jack Klarich

[​IMG]
    Not bad for under 100.00 eh

6. trike lady

trike lady Junior Member

Those don't look bad at all, hope they sound good. :)

7. Jack Klarich

I just got done swapping out the modified mufflers on my TRIKE, I bought stock take offs for under 100.00 and did my own mods to the baffles so I still have a stock set just in case. I can tell you the rear hangar bolts are NO fun to get out, unlike a bagger just taking the bags off the 2 bolts are right there, on a trike the hangars are about 1 inch away from the body

8. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Jack, I'm anxious to learn from you how the stock mufflers sound with the baffles out. Then, you can change that sound with new and different baffles.

Bill