free website stats program New Stock Mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

New Stock Mufflers

J

Jack Klarich

$_57.JPG

Found these, new take offs for cheap, may buy them gut them and install Big City Baffles

That sounds like a good plan. A lot cheaper than buying performance mufflers with the same results. The metric dealers around here carry an assortment of different length baffles that are inexpensive so if you don't like the sound and performance you can just try another pair and you are only out 10-20 bucks.

I agree with Jeff, go for it. Your trike sounds nice but a little more bark can't hurt. :s

I just got done swapping out the modified mufflers on my TRIKE, I bought stock take offs for under 100.00 and did my own mods to the baffles so I still have a stock set just in case. I can tell you the rear hangar bolts are NO fun to get out, unlike a bagger just taking the bags off the 2 bolts are right there, on a trike the hangars are about 1 inch away from the body

Jack, I'm anxious to learn from you how the stock mufflers sound with the baffles out. Then, you can change that sound with new and different baffles.

Bill

Back