free website stats program New sporty, need blinker help! | Harley Davidson Forums

New sporty, need blinker help!

SavageShy

Hey fellas, i just got MY FIRST HARLEY!! Ive been into bikes for less than a year now, but have jumped in full spead ahead, most of my technical knowledge has transferred from cages. That said, i bought a 2000 sportster xl1200c mainly for the huge customization scene with harleys, beside the fact its an excellent bike. So far ive modified and shortened the shift throw, and done a full service on the bike. A head job, 1275 kit, and cams are already in the works. But first, i need help with blinkers. I want to bottom mount mirrors, and i kinda hate how huge the stock blinkers are anyway. Now, already i am running into problems. I have found a couple of blinkers that look ok, but i cannot afford many of the options out there, so i decided to look into headlights with turn signals built in. This would be my first choice. Otherwise i will relocate to the forks, but then i have a detachable windshield in the way of pretty much anywhere i could install a fork relocation bracket. Im also not a huge fan of drilling holes in frames/forks/etc. Now i know im not the only one with this issue. What have you all done for blinkers that are off the handlebars and dont interfere with your windsheild? Or better yet, what can i get for a headlight with signals? I plan to install a combo tail/blinker light assembly, theyre about $35 on amazon with excellent reviews. Thanks in advance and please post pics! I will get some pics of my bike up as soon as i can

You just blew my mind. Ive been hunting for the perfect solution and it didnt even cross my mind to look for mirrors with the blinker built in. Wish id thought of that before i bought new mirrors o_O. Ill look into it, thanks!

Thanks flusher! I think i will fit in well with the Harley family :). I had a chance to check out some mirrors with built in blinkers and theyre exactly what the doctor called for. Funny how helpful an outside perspective can be sometimes. Heres a picture of the old girl

Attachments

• whiskey.jpg
    whiskey.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 16
hey fellas, I've got one more for ya. Whats the best way to make LED blinkers work properly? Im assuming that its like a car and you need resistors or an electronic flasher, right?

Talk to your local HD, and see if going to LED's will require a load equalizer. Most are a simple pigtail type attachment into the existing harness.

Some may come with a built in equilizer. Read up on the ones you waht or talk with said company.
tourbox

Back