free website stats program New Spokes? | Harley Davidson Forums

New Spokes?

Duane53

Been looking at the wheels on my 04 Heritage and the stock spokes are looking awful dull to me. I was thinking about getting the wheels repokes with chrome spokes. What I was wondering if it would be cheaper to have them respoked or buy new ones with chrome sopkes already on them?
I have tried to polish them up, but I'm to lazy to sit there and do them one by one.
Thanks for your thoughts
Duane:eam

Been looking at the wheels on my 04 Heritage and the stock spokes are looking awful dull to me. I was thinking about getting the wheels repokes with chrome spokes. What I was wondering if it would be cheaper to have them respoked or buy new ones with chrome sopkes already on them?
I have tried to polish them up, but I'm to lazy to sit there and do them one by one.
Thanks for your thoughts
Duane:eam
I had a rear spoke break a few months ago on my 05. I went to my trusty indy and talked to a guy there known for being a good wheel builder. He gave me a price for him rebuilding the wheel then showed me new wheels. The new wheels were cheaper than he could rebuild mine, got me a new hub and rim, and he goes over each one before it goes out the door. Needless to say I bought new.

I'm gonna get rid of my dull spoked wheels someday and get some cast wheels. I hate um.

I will bet the new spoked wheels will be Chineese. I bought a set of cast wheels on eBay for less then $200 including shipping. I sold my spoke wheels for $200. I liked the spokes, they are classic but I liked the convenience of the cast wheels. Also tire changes are cheaper because you don't need a new rim strip or tube.
Ken

Thanks for the replys. I'll have to check and see to determine what I'll do.
I may just go with the cast whaeels. I hate cleaning spokes although I do like the looks of them.
Duane

Back