New Spokes?

Discussion in 'Wheels' started by Duane53, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Duane53

Duane53 Active Member

Been looking at the wheels on my 04 Heritage and the stock spokes are looking awful dull to me. I was thinking about getting the wheels repokes with chrome spokes. What I was wondering if it would be cheaper to have them respoked or buy new ones with chrome sopkes already on them?
    I have tried to polish them up, but I'm to lazy to sit there and do them one by one.
    Thanks for your thoughts
    Duane:eam

2. SoonerSoftail

SoonerSoftail Active Member

I had a rear spoke break a few months ago on my 05. I went to my trusty indy and talked to a guy there known for being a good wheel builder. He gave me a price for him rebuilding the wheel then showed me new wheels. The new wheels were cheaper than he could rebuild mine, got me a new hub and rim, and he goes over each one before it goes out the door. Needless to say I bought new.

3. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

I'm gonna get rid of my dull spoked wheels someday and get some cast wheels. I hate um.

4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I will bet the new spoked wheels will be Chineese. I bought a set of cast wheels on eBay for less then $200 including shipping. I sold my spoke wheels for $200. I liked the spokes, they are classic but I liked the convenience of the cast wheels. Also tire changes are cheaper because you don't need a new rim strip or tube.
    Ken

5. doctordoug

doctordoug Account Removed

Send the wheels to Buchanen's in California to be respoked with stainless spokes. Call and get a quote first.

6. Duane53

Duane53 Active Member

Thanks for the replys. I'll have to check and see to determine what I'll do.
    I may just go with the cast whaeels. I hate cleaning spokes although I do like the looks of them.
    Duane