free website stats program New Softail Starter | Harley Davidson Forums

New Softail Starter

90FXRS

Contributor
By the sound of things I'm going to be buying a new starter for the 2001 Fatboy EFI. Wondering what the folks here think? It's not a stock bike, 107" Axtell Mountain kit, .600 lift cams.......gear driven of course and Screamin' Eagle heads.....slightly worked-over. I already have a Big Boar 350CCA battery.

I'm going to start looking and any suggestions and reasons are more than welcome.

By the sound of things I'm going to be buying a new starter for the 2001 Fatboy EFI. Wondering what the folks here think? It's not a stock bike, 107" Axtell Mountain kit, .600 lift cams.......gear driven of course and Screamin' Eagle heads.....slightly worked-over. I already have a Big Boar 350CCA battery.

I'm going to start looking and any suggestions and reasons are more than welcome.

Do you have comp. releases on the heads?

Does the comp release not release enough to turn the bike over?

What happened was when I hit the start button the starter spun but didn't engage. I put the bike in gear and rolled the motor a bit and hit it again. It started right up.

Jack, I looked at Spyke and they're not showing anything from 2000 to 2006. Not sure why but everywhere I've looked they skip those years.

Was out yesterday and getting ready to ride a little today. Never missed a lick when I hit the button. I'll see what happens today. I did dig out a solenoid button and have installed it.........just in case. Never been a big fan of the solenoid button. I've seen people burn up starters with them.

Back