new slip-ons

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by lets ride, May 6, 2011.

1. lets ride

lets ride Member

I finally been able to ride the bike. love the sound of the Reinhart slip-on mufflers. kinda loud but love the deep rumble, now the question, some people say i am running the bike to lean. i have also read that ecm will adjust to a point. just wonder what you folks think. thanks steve

2. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

The bike runs on the lean side in stock configuration and adding some fuel is recommended by most. The ecm will adjust sufficiently so as not to cause harm if all you are doing is exhaust OR an air filter upgrade but doing both without adding fuel is not something I would recommend.

There are lots of fueler options out there but you will find a lot of members here are happy with the TFI and it is quite reasonable.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Welcome lets ride & enjoy those new pipes. Nice dialing-in that HD sound. Of course stock's OK too, but adding a set of pipes breaks into a new level of harmony. You're good to go w/pipes only - just a tad difference in exhaust backpressure. Adding air/intake is where you'd need to add tuner, or have bike adjusted to allow for efficient air/fuel ratio. Ride on!

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The fueler would be a good idea. If the mufflers have no bigger than 1.75 baffles and the air cleaner is O.E. and no other mods to engine you will be ok for now without fueler..
    Dobeck web site: Motorcycle Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers