free website stats program New shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

New shocks

67wizard

Well I did it. I ordered new progressive 944-4020ut. I spoke with the rep and told him my weight about 270 and the wife much lighter than me and he recommended the heavy duty ones for my ultra limited. They should be here by mid next week. Sure hope they are what Iam looking for. Air shocks are just to darn hard no matter what air pressure I put in them and seem to bottom out.

I also could not get a decent ride with the oem air shocks. If I set it where it rode nice with 10-15 lbs of air it would bottom on big bumps. More air made it stiff. I ended up going with the Harley premium ride suspension shocks and am very happy with them. I am sure you will like the progressives, they make good shocks. I bought the HD shocks when local dealer had spring open house and got 15% off them. They ended up almost $200 less than the progressives.

I looked at the HD Premium ride shocks. Looked at Progressive 944 and got a better deal on them. I don't know who makes Harley shocks but I know who makes Progressive and they have been in the business for a long time, life time replacement also. So far they are great glad I bought them. Ride is great and the wife is happy.

I had put them on my 09 Street Glide before I traded it....Wasn't planning on new bike LOL. Rode from Connecticut to Myrtle Beach loved them. Excellent change from the air shock, my new Ultra low has regular adjustable shocks on it already so they're on my brothers bike now. He loves them too.

Back