New sert for stock ECU

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by harley@16, Nov 3, 2013.

1. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

I have a full stage one upgrade, Arlin Ness intake, Kromeworks headers, Klockworks slip ons, and run a Gen 4. Would I need to get a different download or is the Gen 4 enough to get the proper fuel? This is for my 07 FLHT.

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I was told by the folks at Dobeck that their TFI was sufficient and there was no need to pay for the HD Stage I download.

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

A stage 1 D/L, by EPA standards will still be lean. The Gen 4 will fatten her up as much as you need. Save the money from the D/L and get some chrome.

4. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

That is what I thought. I've been struggling with some performance issues since installing the Gen 4 and Doebeck has suggested that I have scavenging problems, well, I can't verify this other than the "fix" is to run the Gen 4 in open loop, which sorta defeats the purpose of having it. I'm going to remove it and reinstall my original TFI and see if it corrects the problem. My issues were a hesitation when accelerating and rough idle.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

What type of performance problems? You may want to read this:

Dobeck GEN4 TFI Warning - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTalking.com

as well as this:

Worst Ride Ever - Bike Tried To Kill Me! - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTalking.com