free website stats program New Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

New Seat

lowrider1963

Was thinking of changing out my stock seat on my 2010 Dyna to provide a little more 'cushion' without raising my seat position much (only 5'-6"). Looking for opinions from riders who have replaced their seats and enjoy the new fit.

Thanks

You didn't say solo or 2 up... and I don't know how much cushion you have now. I just replaced a stock 2 up with a Le Pera Sanora Sport, pictured towards the end of the the thread in the link below. Working with LePera wasn't the most fun thing I ever did, but I am happy with my new seat and I would do it again.

Post A Pic Of Your Dyna Here. - Page 39 - Harley Davidson Community

If you like your seat style and just want more cushion, you might consider an after market pad. There are lots of them available and probably cheaper than a new seat.

If you find a decent leather/upholstry shop, you can have them revove the stock cusioning & put in a gel pad; you get the benefits of the gel seat & the reduced height to boot!

I checked with a local shop that works on seat covers for cars, and he could actually reshape the foam, or change out the foam, and install a gel pad, for around $ 125
I think to just reshape the foam, it was $75

An alternative way to go is to use a SheepSkin Gel Cover...plastic coated metal clips mount easily under seat lip works and feels just fine :D, Cost varies between $69 & $99, but most HD Dealers offer discounts of some kind and these were in stock items hanging on the wall.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

It adds only about 1/2", they look thicker, but the sheepskin sacks down, and the gel spreads a bit when in actual practice, and yeah I'm 5' 6" also...:D

Last edited:
Back