free website stats program New Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

New Seat

teeman88

I have a 2010 Street Bob and my lower back has been giving me trouble. I have the stock seat now , I was looking to chang my seat to a HD sundowner deep bucket (2up) or sundowner solo or a HD touring seat (2up). Does anybody have either any what would you recommend?

I just posted for someone looking for a better seat for their FLTR, and I'll give you the same advise. Check with C&C Seats. For about the price you'll pay for the HD seat they will make you a very comfortable custom. Call and tell them what your looking for and the problems your having now.

Sundowner (2up) in my 2007 FLSTC was the cure for my lower back pain. No backrest needed. But, to be honest, being seated just over the oil tank is like being into a frying pan
WAP.gif

BlackG30,

I agree with the oil tank location, worse possible place for comfort. I also have the 2 up Sundowner Seat on my Heritage and find it is much better than the stock seat but I am considering a backrest as I have a tendency to slouch after being in the saddle on longer rides and think it might help even more for back pain. The heat deflectors by RJ's Orininals help greatly reduce the heat off the oil tank :s

Sundowner (2up) in my 2007 FLSTC was the cure for my lower back pain. No backrest needed. But, to be honest, being seated just over the oil tank is like being into a frying pan

BlackG30,
I agree with the oil tank location, worse possible place for comfort. I also have the 2 up Sundowner Seat on my Heritage and find it is much better than the stock seat but I am considering a backrest as I have a tendency to slouch after being in the saddle on longer rides and think it might help even more for back pain. The heat deflectors by RJ's Orininals help greatly reduce the heat off the oil tank :s

PM Zoood ; or Try this link- NO MORE FRIEDTHIGHS!!! :D RU's site shows many configuration pictures...

The heat deflectors are well made and well liked by many HDT members...

RSB%20close.JPG

Well, I have a pair of Kuryakyn heat deflectors installed. Really impressive for the heat coming from the rear cylinder, but NOT the one that you feel coming right under your bottom, from the oil tank. I guess my deflectors work about the same as RJ ones. I have tried installing under my seat one of this thermal blankets that paramedics use to isolate people from heat: no benefit. Oil cooler installed: no clear benefit. Only the seat wood beads make a difference. My last hope: full synthetic oil. Not easy to get here in Spain, still discussing with my mechanic. Probably I will go for Motul 7100 Syn 20W50, they say specially formulated for HD. LET's see
WAP.gif

Back