free website stats program New Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

New Seat

Vilemind

Ok i ordered a 4.5 gallon tank for my 07 XL 883 L they are saying i need a different seat to do this ,,, is this correct ? ,, so confused putting alot of money in this tank and mount kit any advice would be great ty.

If you look at the seat retailers websites/catologs they do state that there is a seat for a 3.3 gal tank, and a different seat for a 4.5 gal tank:(

Yes, unfortunately, there is a difference w/the seat-tank spacing for 3gal & 4.5gal tanks. You might want to consider this a good time to UG for a comfier one. I bought a Mustang Fastback one for my 05 XL1200C and it was 1000X better than stock.

As Iceman24 said, upgrade is small price to pay for getting the comfort mods sorted...you can sell your tank and seat for a modest sum, as there are older HD enthusiasts who like the smaller peanut tank shape and 883L may replace someone with a need for one.

thank you for the replies ,,,, going to the harley shop this weekend to look for a seat and gonna check corbin site,,,ordered my tank from harley should be here any day :newsmile036:

Back