free website stats program New SE Cams | Harley Davidson Forums

New SE Cams

dolt

Heard about these?

SE-263E CAM KIT – EFI*
Developed specifically for throttle body EFI systems, this cam has a modern lobe design that allows for higher valve lifts for a given duration. Overlap is reduced to improve part throttle drivability while maintaining great wide open throttle torque and power. This camshaft works well with 110" and larger engines. It should be used with high compression, performance or CVO heads, and free-flowing intake and exhaust. For race applications only.
25483-10 $299.95 Fits ’06-later Dyna and ’07-later Softail and Touring Models.

SE-259E CAM KIT – EFI*
Developed specifically for throttle body EFI systems, this cam has a modern lobe design that allows for higher valve lifts for a given duration. A high lift version of the SE-211 camshaft, this cam works great with 103" and larger engines with free flowing intake and exhaust. It can be used with stock heads (updated with race springs) and high compression pistons for even more torque than a SE-211 cam, or can be coupled with any of the performance heads to realize the full power potential. This cam is used in the 103" Stage 3 Race Kit. For race application only.
25482-10 $299.95
Fits ’06-later Dyna and ’07-later Softail and Touring models.

I have ordered the RevPerf big bore bolt on 107 kit for my scoot. I am now trying to pick out cams to match to them. I am running stock heads for now ($$$) but I plan on upgrading/modifying in the near future. What cams do you guys recommmend, and also, do you have to change push rods etc?? WIll I need to buy a SERT?? I am assuming that I need more adjustability than my TFI affords as far as timing goes.

I have ordered the RevPerf big bore bolt on 107 kit for my scoot. I am now trying to pick out cams to match to them. I am running stock heads for now ($$$) but I plan on upgrading/modifying in the near future. What cams do you guys recommmend, and also, do you have to change push rods etc?? WIll I need to buy a SERT?? I am assuming that I need more adjustability than my TFI affords as far as timing goes.

Axtell 107" package would have been my choice but each to his own. Cams and heads need to match and if headwork is in your future. Sounds like you are upgrading from 88" which means the model year of your bike is pre '06? If that is the case, with 4.125 bore x 4.00 stroke and .0030" head gasket and stock heads at 85cc-86cc, your static CR is about 10.4. Your cam selection must be sensitive to corrected CR and cranking compression. If I am wrong about your engine configuration, none of the above applies.

Your choices are:

1. run stock cams and just know that you will have a lazy engine until you have some headwork done.

2. pick up a set of SE211, 257 or 258 cams on Ebay for cheap and run them until you have the headwork done and can replace them with some real cams.

3. Install some real cams now, like Andrews 32 or 54 and know that you will have a little less lazy engine until you have the headwork done.

Yes you need adustable pushrods, new lifters with new cams is a good idea and you will need a SERT or some other fuel management system like the TTS Mastertune. If there is a competent and reputable tuner in your area (I emphasize competent and reputable) talk to the tuner and see what he/she likes to work with and go with that system.

Back