free website stats program New SE 120 | Harley Davidson Forums

New SE 120

IR Rick

I was down at Sturgis. went through the HD tent, they had thier new SE
catalog out. it has SE 120 engine in it. they say it will fit in my bike
what other things will you need to change?:D

other than the cases and a better crank :D

i looked at the 120 last yr, it was being sold as an upgrade kit for 96ci motors, it was pistons, barrels, cams, clutch the whole nine yards, but what it did not include were - timken bearings, proper cam bearings, a few other bits that would be needed with a power plant like this - specially if you wanna ride it all day everyday.
It could also be bought with cases ready to go but they came in black only.
If you have already had the motor bored to take a 110+ motor you cannot use the 120 without new cases, if you have a factory 110 you cant have the 120 with out new cases :(

if your looking at big capacity motors then look further afield at compaines like S&S, Rev tech, Kendle Johnson, RB racing who have been doing BIG BORE for years before HD jumped on the band wagon

Like SS and Delkron cases can build monsters with them and they are well machined with stronger bosses and more in the stud area:s

Thinking about cooling...the efficiency of a combustion engine if it could even achieve 50% overall...converting the accumulated losses of exhaust, frictional and requisite conversion of hydrocarbon energy into explosions of light, heat pressure and moisure in the chemical to mechanical energy process. If you increase that volume by 20% from stock, you will get a proportional amount of heat as well. One can only imagine...hope they have good heat deflector shields and bodywork in place. There is a reason why water cooled engines with horsepower approaching 130 have become standard fare, and air cooled technology has all been abandoned.

Last edited:
The 103 is still the best bank for your buck with all the power any average person would need, without all the issues that come with bigger motor's. That's what I'm getting when I grow up, or win the lottery.

Your talkin bout the entire se 120 engine right? Wonder if the stock tranny bolts up?

Stock tranny bolts right up. Just need to put a race clutch in the primary to handle that beast....and maybe a bigger back tire. Wheelie bar too I think......

The 103 is still the best bank for your buck with all the power any average person would need, without all the issues that come with bigger motor's. That's what I'm getting when I grow up, or win the lottery.

As noted above, I have a 104 and its' got plenty of power. As noted by the state trooper in Wyoming when he asked me "Boy...Do you know how fast you going over that hill ??" on the way home from Sturgis. :D By the way he was a really nice guy and only gave me a warning. :lero

As noted above, I have a 104 and its' got plenty of power. As noted by the state trooper in Wyoming when he asked me "Boy...Do you know how fast you going over that hill ??" on the way home from Sturgis. :D By the way he was a really nice guy and only gave me a warning. :lero
Okay, you left out the most important part, how fast were you going over that hill? :D

Back