New SE 120

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by IR Rick, Aug 22, 2010.

1. IR Rick

IR Rick Active Member

I was down at Sturgis. went through the HD tent, they had thier new SE
    catalog out. it has SE 120 engine in it. they say it will fit in my bike
    what other things will you need to change?:D

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Depending on how hot it gets in the summer time,,, maybe where you live. I bet that baby runs HOT!:p

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

More Fuel? what is the warranty? Price?

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Like SS and Delkron cases can build monsters with them and they are well machined with stronger bosses and more in the stud area:s

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Thinking about cooling...the efficiency of a combustion engine if it could even achieve 50% overall...converting the accumulated losses of exhaust, frictional and requisite conversion of hydrocarbon energy into explosions of light, heat pressure and moisure in the chemical to mechanical energy process. If you increase that volume by 20% from stock, you will get a proportional amount of heat as well. One can only imagine...hope they have good heat deflector shields and bodywork in place. There is a reason why water cooled engines with horsepower approaching 130 have become standard fare, and air cooled technology has all been abandoned.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  6. Animal

Animal Active Member

The 103 is still the best bank for your buck with all the power any average person would need, without all the issues that come with bigger motor's. That's what I'm getting when I grow up, or win the lottery.

7. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

Your talkin bout the entire se 120 engine right? Wonder if the stock tranny bolts up?

8. barttoday

barttoday Active Member

Stock tranny bolts right up. Just need to put a race clutch in the primary to handle that beast....and maybe a bigger back tire. Wheelie bar too I think......

9. CalgaryBikeBum

CalgaryBikeBum Active Member

As noted above, I have a 104 and its' got plenty of power. As noted by the state trooper in Wyoming when he asked me "Boy...Do you know how fast you going over that hill ??" on the way home from Sturgis. :D By the way he was a really nice guy and only gave me a warning. :lero

10. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Okay, you left out the most important part, how fast were you going over that hill? :D