free website stats program New scoot excitement! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

New scoot excitement!

Black and chrome always look good together nice bike

Brian

As for Froggie and her scope, if she just has a meniscus tear (I'm a recovery nurse and have taken care of tons of knee scope patients over the years), she should be plenty ready by August I would think. Many patients are off crutches after 2 or 3 days. I wish the best for her and will put her name on my prayer list.:s

She has a piece of calcium floating around in her knee from what they can figure out from the MRI. And the being ride ready: the accumulative effects on the body (that's the most politically correct way for me to put it) of being hobbled for the past 8 months are what may keep her off the bike.

As for your new ride, it's absolutely beautiful:bigsmiley12:. It's almost as good looking as it's owner.:p

Forgot to ask, how was the ride? Enjoy being behind a fairing? Did it take you a long time to adjust?

Yes, the fairing is nice, but I think it will take a chilly day for me to really appreciate it (knocking some of the cold wind off my hands). I thought it would be a little hard to get used to, but it's like I've been riding this bike for a long time. I put the rider backrest and the sissy bar and pad on yesterday afternoon. I am looking forward to riding with that when I get off work today.

She has a piece of calcium floating around in her knee from what they can figure out from the MRI. And the being ride ready: the accumulative effects on the body (that's the most politically correct way for me to put it) of being hobbled for the past 8 months are what may keep her off the bike.

As for your new ride, it's absolutely beautiful:bigsmiley12:. It's almost as good looking as it's owner.:p

Awwwwwww, you're really nice. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you adapted to it so quickly. Honestly if I were you, I would frame and hang that picture of you with that huge smile someplace. Something to boost you up a little on those days that things do not go so perfectly or as a reminder of all your blessings.

Ditto on a couple of those back up through there and Congrats again on the new ride! Really nice! I'd have to say the smile miles pic beats out the backward riding hubby on the mirror pic! Good taste in rides! Ride Safe!

flipper... i hope you got a deal on the cases of dental floss that it is going to take to get the bugs out of your teeth.. (Jack told me to do it)....:newsmile036:

once again enjoy the new ride and congratulations....:small3d005:

flipper... i hope you got a deal on the cases of dental floss that it is going to take to get the bugs out of your teeth.. (Jack told me to do it)....:newsmile036:

once again enjoy the new ride and congratulations....:small3d005:

Yeah, right.....Jack made you do it, huh? Y'all are so funny! Well, I'll have you to know that I am on a high protein diet and bugs are full of protein from what I've heard. The more I ride, the healthier I get, right?:newsmile099:
Thanks to everyone for the good/nice words. I ended up with one of the HD adjustable back rests. I rode with it yesterday for the first time and it is perfect. Y'all are right about the stock seat though. After a while, it ain't so comfy. I'll take my Airhawk on the trip and see what there is offered from the vendors up at the Sturgis area as far as nicer seats, maybe a custom one.
I'll be honest in saying that I don't feel like this bike is any smoother riding than my Heritage at this point. Not that my Heritage is rough, but I was expecting the suspension to make a clear difference. Not sure if there is something to adjust, but I will share this with the folks in service at Southern Thunder when I take it back for the 1000 mile "check up."

:p Time to update your picture? LOL I will take credit for that one, enjoy your NEW bike
:rider

Back