free website stats program New scoot excitement! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New scoot excitement!

Dr has some very good advice there it appears. I'm sure the last thing anyone wants to hear after investing the money in a new bike is more expenses but I bet a new saddle done up to fit would make a huge difference. I've heard so many good things about Mean City.

I have never thought about a rider backrest but after some testing i found mustang seats are good for me
And remember now that we know about the new bike we need the photos

Brian

I think the key is whether you are going to stick with the stock seat or not. IMHO, you'll NEVER make it to Sturgis on it! If I had to do it all over again, I agree with this statement, my ride back from Sturgis was 1/2 the time and much more comfortable on a Mustang seat, tho I did make it to Sturgis on a stocker Congrats on your new bike, Any Pictures?:s

I love all the input. I don't have pics yet because it isn't actually a done deal. The check is in the mail. I am supposed to pick up the guy Sunday. I will post them then, but in the meantime, if you've seen a Vivid Black Street Glide, 2013 model, that's my bike (with ABS/security and cruise).

I love all the input. I don't have pics yet because it isn't actually a done deal. The check is in the mail. I am supposed to pick up the guy Sunday. I will post them then, but in the meantime, if you've seen a Vivid Black Street Glide, 2013 model, that's my bike (with ABS/security and cruise).

Oh, black is the faster one too! :D Nice job and congrats!

We are planning on going to Sturgis this year and I know that would be the prime place to shop, but I think my back will ask me for it before then. I will start doing some research.

Good place to shop around in Sturgis! I purchased Mustang seat there last 2010! They will ship your old seat to your home for free! Nice! :bigsmiley12:

Good place to shop around in Sturgis! I purchased Mustang seat there last 2010! They will ship your old seat to your home for free! Nice! :bigsmiley12:

Wow! That's great to know! Thanks!

Of course, you have to get to Sturgis from Mississippi first on your stock seat! LOL!

If you think this is the strategy you want to pursue (getting an aftermarket seat at Sturgis) you could just get a gel pad or Airhawk seat cover to tide you over until you get out there.

Will your dealer let you 'try before you buy'? Might be one way to get a feel for what suits you.

I don't have a backrest yet. But looks like I'll be looking soon since my next trip looks like it'll be solo again. Froggie goes in for a scope on her knee at end of June and doesn't think she'll be ride ready in August.:(

Back