free website stats program New Samson True Dual Installed (S2-439B) | Harley Davidson Forums

New Samson True Dual Installed (S2-439B)

NickS

I have to commend Samson. The system was fairly simple to install. The Nice young lady on the phone knew exactly what I needed to make for a smooth install. All parts/mounting brackets are finished nicely.

There is no existing room to route a pipe between the oiltank and the motor. Samson supplies a new bracket. Unbolt the coil pack and the two bolts that hold the current bracket in place. Notice the thinner/flatter bracket.

0312001752.jpg

The shifter linkage was pretty striaght forward.

downsized_0312001751.jpg

I started the right side first. I left the plastic on the pipe until i needed to put the heat shields on. There is plenty of slack in the plastic to cut it off later and was nice knowing I was a bit safer from getting a scratch. Photo is after I got the shields on.

downsized_0313001546.jpg

The left side is a bit tricky. The head pipe is in two pieces. The toughest part was the rear bolt on the rear jug. I dont have a huge supply of tools but I managed to use a long extension w/ a crows foot on the end. This worked the best for me.

abc.jpg

downsized_0313001532.jpg

abc2.jpg

In the end I love the look.:D The sound is much deeper than my TH's. Like any other I learned a few things for the next time. (i.e. the fins ARE sharp enough to cut you multiple times.) If you got any questions or wanna see more pics let me know.

I've never been a Samson fan, but you might have just changed my mind, they look good. I'm with Smitty, lets see some pic's of the whole ride.

Great job Nick

Thanks for sharing the photos of your installation. The new pipes look good on your Scoot, I like the chrome end caps they finish it off just right.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of the completed dressed out bike like the others.

I am still waiting on some parts to "finish" this years to do list. I will post some pics when all is said and done.:D

NickS did you use your old gaskets or replace with new? I just took mine off today and am trying to decide.

NickS; nice job & wonderful detail(s) - can't wait to see the finished product. I did a reverse project this weekend by removing my 09 SG header/exhaust & Rinehart slip-on's so they can be ceramic coated (black). Dropped-off today at the shop & have to wait two weeks for them to finish. I should've started this project sooner b/c it's warming & drying here in NE, but just located a decent ceramic/powdercoating shop in my area. Looking forward to getting the pipes done, installed & test riding.

NickS did you use your old gaskets or replace with new? I just took mine off today and am trying to decide.

I was told it depends what type you currently have and the condition of them. The mesh type I would never use again. Mine were copper and in good shape. I cleaned them up. All you have to do is heat them up a bit before reinstalling. I will also, when the bike gets out of the garage, let the motor warm up to operating temp and retorque.

NickS; nice job & wonderful detail(s) - can't wait to see the finished product. I did a reverse project this weekend by removing my 09 SG header/exhaust & Rinehart slip-on's so they can be ceramic coated (black). Dropped-off today at the shop & have to wait two weeks for them to finish. I should've started this project sooner b/c it's warming & drying here in NE, but just located a decent ceramic/powdercoating shop in my area. Looking forward to getting the pipes done, installed & test riding.

I can't wait to see how they turn out. I agree it is very hard to find a decent shop.
I live in South Dakota and purposly wait till almost spring until I start my projects and jump on forums. Our winters can be too long and when you get all your nuts and bolts tight you want to take her down the road for the maiden voyage.

Back