free website stats program New Rush Exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Rush Exhaust

I have a set of Rush slip on's for my E.G. One of the mounting bolt boss' is welded about 1/8" wrong. I had to wallow out the top metal bracket to fit. The chrome looks good, but I really don't care for the sound (1 1/2" baffles). It sounds too hollow, like I'm in a tunnel. I put them on for a day or so a couple times a year, but prefer my S.E. slip on's. The removable slotted end caps are nice looking.

Thanx everyone. Breeze3at I know what your talking about. I got them intalled yesterday along with a AN big sucker a/c. It def has more rumble than stock but not too much. I do have 1.5" baffles so I think if I step to 2.25 or 2.5 I'll get the sound I'm wanting. I do like the look the chrome seems to be quality and theyre a nice fit, but I'll def be ordering bigger baffles hopefully that'll help

A couple of years ago, I went with the Rush tip-compatible slip-ons, as the baffles in Screamin Eagle slip-ons broke loose. Sound good, look good. I too developed a slight rattle. Just last fall, I ordered the Rush true dual headpipes. When I pulled the baffles out of the slip-ons to see what the rattle was, the right side muffler had no more packing in it, and the baffle was rattling in the front, up by the inlet. The left muffler's packing was still there, in fact it was soaking wet, and really rusty. I replaced the packing in both mufflers, and installed the headpipes. Talk about sweet music! Raised the hair on the back of my neck. I love 'em.

Hey Dutchman...any difficulty in removing the baffles on those Rush slip-ons? It appears to just be a bolt/screw holding them in. Did they come out easy? I'll probably just jump in after it before you have a chance to reply...but I'm curious nonetheless. :)

Thanx everyone. Breeze3at I know what your talking about. I got them intalled yesterday along with a AN big sucker a/c. It def has more rumble than stock but not too much. I do have 1.5" baffles so I think if I step to 2.25 or 2.5 I'll get the sound I'm wanting. I do like the look the chrome seems to be quality and theyre a nice fit, but I'll def be ordering bigger baffles hopefully that'll help

The pipes look pretty good on a 2009 Road King Classic...:D

tn835s3.jpg

Hey Dutchman...any difficulty in removing the baffles on those Rush slip-ons? It appears to just be a bolt/screw holding them in. Did they come out easy? I'll probably just jump in after it before you have a chance to reply...but I'm curious nonetheless. :)

No problem removing them, since mine have tips, you remove the three tip screws, the tip, and the baffle bolt. With the tip screws in, the baffle won't slide out past them. There's a rod welded across the end of the baffle (outlet end), after grabbing it with pliers and pulling with no result, I put a small "S" hook around the rod, found a short piece of 1/4" log chain:bigsmiley12:, hooked it on the "S" hook, and two yanks had it out.

Back