new running lights

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by gator508, Aug 18, 2011.

1. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Have been on a bit of a haitus from the forum, out of town, family obligations, etc. Started working on installing daytime running lights some time ago and have just finished. Had a lot of helpful suggestions from Hoople, Iceman, Glider..thanks guys. Attached is the finished product.

BTW, the hot lead I used was the accessory plug by the main fuse panel under the seat, took the hot lead out of the plug, some solder and shrink wrap, it was done.

Attached Files:

2. ballpeen

ballpeen Active Member

"WOW" I like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,, those little buggers are bright, how many watts are they??? Ive added some lights on our bike too, anything to be seen.

3. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Very Good Gator, A job well done. Anything to make you more visible and add to the looks of the bike is a big plus. :D

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Nice job, can not stress the importance of being seen, and they look pretty bright:s

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Good job Gator. Are the lights the bright LED's (6 or 8 of 'em) type or Halogen incandescent? I have the latter and they are bright and easy to install...replacement element is only about $14. Going strong for 3 years. :D

[​IMG]

6. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Thanks for the comments guys..I do feel that I can be seen better, you know you get that feeling that cage is going to pull out in front of you, I have noticed not as much.

The lights are the Kuryakyn mini silverbullets, not sure what the wattage is, the amp draw is only about 4, did not have to add a load equalizer.

The lights are halogen, recommended as daytime lights, they are pretty darn bright at night too!