free website stats program New Rubber | Harley Davidson Forums

New Rubber

Davidw2415

Got new tires put on the FB yesterday 21100 miles. Stayed with OE Dunlops; 401 & 402. First change for the front, second change for the rear. First rear change was done at 9700.

Yes, and I and I probably could've got a couple more K out of it but it was close enough to needing replaced that I decided to go ahead and have it done.

I've got 19k on my original Dunlop front tire. It's got several thousand miles left on it still. Going to replace it next time the rear is changed, but only because it's howling like a mashed cat.

20k+ doesn't surprise me a bit

I have 17,000 + on my rear tire. Dunlop 407 (maybe) can't remember. 10 model ultra. Mostly just me but 2 up riding sometimes.

That is what I was thinking that riding 2 up would lighten the touch of the front wheel. Back in the old days, when we were feeling froggy, I used to ride behind my best friend and force myself back against the sissy bars and he'd romp on it. It was the only way we could get that old Sporster to do a wheely. Small town main street stuff to get attention of the few girls that were around.

You all trust your tires way more than I do, especially since I just got two. An average back tire on a tourer needs replaced at 7-8K, and front tire at 14-16K.

You all trust your tires way more than I do, especially since I just got two. An average back tire on a tourer needs replaced at 7-8K, and front tire at 14-16K.

Just traded my 07 Ultra in on '12 Tri-Glide and it still had the OEM front tire on. Replaced back tire twice The odo. had 20k+ on it. I had always been two up with the scoot.

Back