free website stats program New Roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

New Roadking

sprinklerfitter669

Well, on Friday i went to trade the Fatboy in for a new one, when a 2010 Flame blue Pearl, Road king caught my eye. I took the demo out, and at first i felt i was leaning to far forward and my shoulders hurt. When i got back the dealer put a tallboy seat on, and it felt great, also if i get the bike they are going to throw a set of heritage bars on to give me 2" more.
I say if i get it.....ok ok i put money down, and i am calling tommorow to confirm. The hardbags and color got me.

So, what i need help with is the exhaust, i got V+H lonshots, and love the loud deep noise. I want to do something to have a sound like this.
Can i do slip ons? if so what kind
do i need a tfi?
Any idea of cost

u wont regret it i got a 2000 rkp and love it cant help u with the exhaust

Hey Thanks for responding, I have ben over the barrel for some time, Fatboy is fun, but i feel i will alot more options on riding style with the Roadking......
I just need to hear it run, the demo sounded like a sewing machine

A TFI will richen up a lean bike and make it run better even stock. As far as the mufflers. it depends on how loud you want it.

I have an 09 RKC and I put Phython Predators slip ons w dobeck TFI and big sucker air cleaner. Can't be happier!!!! All together spent about $1k in parts and did the installs myself
WAP.gif

so to be cash conservative, do i have to do the air cleaner right now? can i do the slip ons and just the TFI. Would it be a pain to do the air cleaner after?
Glider, i want LOUD !!

so to be cash conservative, do i have to do the air cleaner right now? can i do the slip ons and just the TFI. Would it be a pain to do the air cleaner after?
Glider, i want LOUD !!

Want it loud go v&h again the big shot duals are loud ..loud enough when I went to daytona with a buddy who had them put on over the winter and hadn't rode it he bought the quite baffles to quiet some of the crack
WAP.gif

If I were to do it over I would go with V&H Ovals (not monsters) first, then TFI and air cleaner as the budget permits. I really like the looks and sound of the ovals.

I know what you mean about the color. It was a deal maker for me too. I put V&H monster ovals on and (at least for me) the sound is beautiful and they look really sharp from the rear too.

Attachments

• Ovals rear view 001.jpg
    Ovals rear view 001.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10
  • FLHRC-C&C saddle-2 002.jpg
    FLHRC-C&C saddle-2 002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 13
Back